“Great lobster with excellent views”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 255 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We started with the lobster and crab doughnuts and they were fantastic! I got the lobster dinner and my husband got the swordfish special. Everything was wonderful.

Ask for a spot on the back deck if you like dining by the water - you won't be disappointed.

Dan F, General Manager at The Mooring, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for the five-star rating and glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed. We love serving excellent food with great views. We hope you can come back and join us again.
Dan Fischer

Write a ReviewReviews (2,911)

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We visited The Mooring to sit by the water and watch the boat parade. It was the perfect location. Food, service and drinks were all amazing. Slightly pricey, but so is everything in Newport.

Thank you stephaniekK3446JV! We are glad you enjoyed the views here but more happy to know you enjoyed the food. Thanks for joining us and we hope you come back and see us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

We chose a rainy day to dine at the Mooring. There was a 45-minute wait for lunch but, because everyone was in town instead of at the beach. I sat at the bar for a while, the bartender actually knew how to fix my favorite, a strawberry bellini. We were seated at the time they estimated. They gave us a brown bag full of the best rolls I have ever had. Even if you are on a low carb diet don't miss the rolls. All of us were pleased with our lunch. My sister had the scallop chowder, said it was delicious. I had the lobster croissant. What a treat.

Dear janmonahan,
Thank you for joining us on a rainy day and glad you enjoyed everything. I'm glad it turned out to be a nice day and that you could enjoy it with a strawberry bellini. We appreciate the kind review and hope you can come back again.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

This was a really convenient place to go right when we needed it. My husband and I were on a motorcycle on July 4 and it was HOT and Newport was bustling with tourists and traffic. I always use Trip Advisor to help guide us in decisions and the number of raters and the fact that it had an average of 4 stars was the guiding decision and what a great choice. We ate out on the covered patio even though it was unbearably hot. The seabreeze offered a cool breeze. The service was outstanding. I had a salad with salmon and brussel sprouts. My husband had gazpacho and loved it. Nice atmosphere, would definitely return and have recommended that my nephew go there when he visits next week.

Dear jcmcgg13,
Thank you for the kind review and glad you enjoyed. It was hot in Newport on the Fourth, so glad we could be a place to get some respite on your trip. We look forward to you coming back again and thanks for recommending us to your nephew.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Great food, awesome service. Eight of us were on a girls weekend and reserved a table at the Mooring. Our waitress Tabitha set our night in motion and made it an excellent experience. She made recommendations, answers all our questions, remembered all our requests and was just plain nice. The food was very good. Bag of doughnuts is a must. Halibut special was excellent. If I’m Newport and want a nice dinner, try the Mooring. The 8 of us all agree.

Dear Suziefolg,
Thank you for the very kind review and glad you and your group enjoyed your dinner. We are always happy to hear that our server added to the experience, so I am glad Tabitha was on top of everything. We are honored to have earned a recommendation from the eight of you! We are very happy you decided to join us and hope you come back soon.
Dan Fischer

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!