“The Service Was Five Star, The Food Amazing & Great Atmosphere!”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
“The Service Was Five Star, The Food Amazing & Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We went to this restaurant for a family dinner and all of us left that restaurant with Zero complaints. A little pricy but for the quality of the seafood it was well worth it! We left with full belly's and smiles! The wine and beer list had a multitude of option to satisfy any pallet! I really have nothing bad to say. If your are staying in Newport or passing through I strongly suggest stopping in here for a bite to eat.

**During the summer months they have a deck right on the waters edge which has an amazing view.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank nsgasbarre

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Superb in Newport RI”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Although this was a very quiet evening in a snow storm and few people venturing out we found this restaurant and a very welcoming atmosphere overlooking the waters of Newport RI Harbor. Service from beginning to end was professional and friendly. Asked for time to relax and chat business with drinks and the waiter kept an eye on us until we motioned for him to take the order. The waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and local produce. The meal was certainly 5 star but ordering the sides was a mistake. We should have ordered one side as the portions are generous. A superb relaxing evening with a splendid dinner.

• Visited January 2014
Panama City, Florida
“OMG Scallops??”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am not a big fan of scallops, but they know how to cook them here. They were absolutely perfect. I enjoyed a dinner during the winter season, and I am so glad that I did. They have an amazing special during that time, so I was able to try the seafood pasta at a great price. It is actually cheaper to order it with the special that on its own. It was so much food that I had to take it home, and it was still good warmed in the microwave. Drinks were also amazing, and I am ready to go back and eat there again.

• Visited December 2013
Middletown, Rhode Island
“The Best of Newport”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Whenever I have friends or clients visiting Newport, I am asked, "where should we go to get great seafood?" My answer is always , "The Mooring." Great food, great service, great wine list and a beautiful view. What is better than that?

Visited January 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Overrated and poor service”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am always reluctant to give a restaurant two stars or less upon one visit. However, my wife and I went to The Mooring on our honeymoon last October, and could not have had a worse experience.

I will say that their raw bar is very good (try the lobster claw), however, when I told the told our waitress that I was ignorant to eating raw oysters and asked for her opinion, she rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah, some taste different than others" and then just walked away! Throughout the night she would visibly glare at us and sigh if we asked for a refill or the dessert menu.

To their credit, my swordfish was good...even though the sides were disappointing. My wife on the other hand, did not like her meal at all.

The Mooring felt like nothing but an upscale Red Lobster. Nothing unique or quaint about it at all. Seems to appeal to tourists and young professionals wanting to say that they ate on the ocean...just my take.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Justin J

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!