“One of The Best In The Area”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Mooring, like several places along the piers in Newport, RI is right on the water. I was there for an extended lunch and the food was very good, although it's not best food I've had for that style of food. A strong point was their selection of oysters from the RI area. The vibe there was very cool and the staff seemed laid back. The calamari was particularly good as it was prepared in the Rhode Island style of light batter and peppers. Enjoy!!

There are newer reviews for The Mooring

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner. We got there and had reservations (thank goodness!). The wait time to sit indoors was 1.5 to 2 hours otherwise. We were seated and my husband got a beer and I got a glass of merlot. We ordered our meals and they came out pretty quickly. My husband had the fish and chips and I got the filet. Both were outstanding. After our meal, we ordered dessert and our waiter, James, brought us complimentary glasses of dessert champagne. Delicious! Our desserts came after that. My husband got the chocolate trio and I got the banana cake with maple walnut ice cream. Both were great!!! When our bill came James let us know that we were not charged for our desserts, either. This was the best meal of our trip and I am so glad that we chose to have our anniversary dinner here. Thank you for making our anniversary so special!!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Feels like a chain and dishes could be seasoned better. ( There is a new Chef) Caesar salad was amazing and management and service was top notch. Nice ambiance.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Bag of doughnuts. Scallop chowder. Seafood pasta. Atlantic salmon. All excellent. Knowledgeable and helpful servers.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were looking for a seafood restaurant and the young girl at the information booth told us that there were big portions at the Moorings so we walked over, scanned the menu and gave it a try. After our meal, I wanted to find her and let her know that there was so much more to this restaurant than the portion sizes. First off, the cocktail menu was inventive and extensive. Our waiter recommended the bag of doughnuts as an appetizer. The seafood fritters were delicious. I had the lobster croissant which was full of lobster meat with very little mayo dressing. My dining partner chose the scallops which were a tremendous size and grilled to perfection. Unfortunately this meal left no room for dessert but I would definitely eat there again and would recommend it highly.

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!