“fun dining spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
New Jersey
“fun dining spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had dinner here on a Saturday night and although it was really busy we were not slighted at all as far as the service went! We sat on he deck and had a great view of the harbor. It was a little loud but everyone was having a good time so it didn't matter!

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
sonhomeu
“Seafood superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been dreaming about the oysters since I left the restaurant a few weeks ago. The best oysters ever! We had to get two rounds. And the scallop chowder - heavenly! My boyfriend had a fish sandwich that was also sublime. Make sure you secure a reservation - you will be waiting for hours if you don't.

• Visited May 2013
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Good, Not Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

On a recent trip to Newport with my wife, daughter and 14 month old grandson I decided to stop here for lunch because of the location on the water. I thought my grandson would like being on the water and seeing the boats. I wasn't wrong there. The location was great. The waiter was outstanding. My wife sampled 6 different oysters from their raw bar and thought they were excellent. As an appetizer I got the Bag of Doughnuts - fritters made with lobster, shrimp and crab. They were outstanding. My daughter and I, when we were first seated saw a person being served a lobster salad on a croissant. It looked huge, so we decided to order it. It was huge with big pieces of lobster but it tasted very bland. I've had a lot better lobster rolls from Connecticut to Maine.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank hank053
Cotswolds
“Good food with a lovely view and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I asked if we could be given a table with a view when booking this restaurant as we would be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

On arrival we were taken to an outside table over looking the harbour which was a lovely place to eat and watch the sun set.

Having read on here other reviewers opinions on the bag of donuts we opted for theses and the sliders for appetisers. Both were delicious. My husband had the scallops and I had the swordfish and both were cooked and presented beautifully.

The extensive drinks list offered on the iPad was a nice touch and the ambience and service really good. We were also wished a happy anniversary by a number of the staff - these little but important touches made for a memorable evening for the right reasons. Our best meal of our stay in Newport.

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere and location but over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant was very nice inside - I loved the atmosphere. We had 8:45 pm dinner reservations and we were seated at 8:45 pm promptly, even though the restaurant was packed. I had fish and chips and my boyfriend had lobster and steak. My fish was very good, as was the cole slaw. He said his meal was good as well but the lobster was over cooked. The prices for meals are very expensive and in my opinion, not worth it. The service was very slow - we had to flag our waiter down to get more drinks more than once. He never came back to ask how our food was - well, not until we were almost done. Great atmosphere and fun, but I probably wouldn't go back based on the price alone. I'd much rather go to the Red Parrot and spend less and have great food.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank tmstrong

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!