“Beautiful view, but wait where is the beautiful food?”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
Rhinebeck, NY
“Beautiful view, but wait where is the beautiful food?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Location, location!! Bartender was doing us a favor by waiting in us, drink fair. Sunset marvelous, dinner did not match the view. It would seem because of a monopoly on a view it does not matter what you serve. Do not order the Thursday special...paella! Little resemblance to the dish. How I wish I could say I would return, but never again.

rirestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Mooring, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to share this feedback. I was disappointed to read that you were unsatisfied with your food during your recent visit. Our dishes are all specially crafted by our culinary team who's goal is to be both authentic as well as inspired. My apologies that your meal did not meet your expectations. We are proud of the atmosphere and view we are able to provide our guests as well as great service but certainly understand that the meal is paramount. I hope you will choose to dine with us again. I am confident that you will enjoy your next meal. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
east greenwich, rhode island
“Beautiful spot, great food and service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Never a disappointing meal. Wonderful wine selections, delicious raw bar, great beignets, and varied selections. Try and eat outside if it's warm. The sunset is beautiful on the water and it's very romantic. Inside is lovely too, especially if you have a window table.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Food allergy aware”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently at The Mooring with a large corporate group. I can't eat dairy and soy, and the manager, Rich, worked with me and the chef to make sure I had something safe to eat. They served me a vegetable soup to start which had a surprising kick to it. The beef was cooked perfectly, and the vegetables they made me were very good. The service was very friendly, and I really appreciated the care they took with my restrictions.

• Visited March 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Amazingly delicious”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Newport to celebrate our anniversary. Saturday night we dined at The Mooring. Although it is a noisy and busy place, the sevice was great. Waitstaff friendly and helpful. BUT the meal we had was fantastic! We both ordered seafood pasta and we were pleasantly surprised by the hugh lobster tail and other fresh seafood on anglehair pasta. By far, one of the best meals we have ever had. It is a pricey place, but worth it for special occasions.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was an absolutely tremendous dinner. It started with the beverage list coming on an iPad. (Two thumbs up for technology) My wife had the crab cakes and the spaghetti squash, I had the scallop chowder and the cod. All of the ingredients were very fresh and the food was delicious. For me however the best part was dessert. There was a custom made dessert for me that combined all of my favorites. It might not be for everyone but it was a slice if heaven for me. Banana cake topped with maple walnut ice cream, caramel sauce and walnuts. It was fantastic. The staff was very attentive and we would go here again for sure.

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!