“Food allergy aware”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food allergy aware”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently at The Mooring with a large corporate group. I can't eat dairy and soy, and the manager, Rich, worked with me and the chef to make sure I had something safe to eat. They served me a vegetable soup to start which had a surprising kick to it. The beef was cooked perfectly, and the vegetables they made me were very good. The service was very friendly, and I really appreciated the care they took with my restrictions.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Providence, Rhode Island
“Amazingly delicious”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Newport to celebrate our anniversary. Saturday night we dined at The Mooring. Although it is a noisy and busy place, the sevice was great. Waitstaff friendly and helpful. BUT the meal we had was fantastic! We both ordered seafood pasta and we were pleasantly surprised by the hugh lobster tail and other fresh seafood on anglehair pasta. By far, one of the best meals we have ever had. It is a pricey place, but worth it for special occasions.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was an absolutely tremendous dinner. It started with the beverage list coming on an iPad. (Two thumbs up for technology) My wife had the crab cakes and the spaghetti squash, I had the scallop chowder and the cod. All of the ingredients were very fresh and the food was delicious. For me however the best part was dessert. There was a custom made dessert for me that combined all of my favorites. It might not be for everyone but it was a slice if heaven for me. Banana cake topped with maple walnut ice cream, caramel sauce and walnuts. It was fantastic. The staff was very attentive and we would go here again for sure.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Best bet -- Favorite go to place for taking out-of-town guests.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is my all time favorite place to go for a really nice and delicious meal. Lunch or dinner, you can't go wrong. The atmosphere is elegant but casual. The porch/deck is fantastic, (weather permitting). The deck dining room area is spacious airy and very comfortable and seems to be an integral part of the docks. The chairs are comfy, you can linger for hours and enjoy the luxury yachts that seem to surround the dining area and are only a few steps away. In winter, the inside dining room is really special, you can sit by the giant fireplace of in any of the other cozy alcoves.
Well, the food is awesome, freshest of seafood with a few special items you won't get any where else. The food is awesome and the wait staff highly skilled. Love it!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Moondr
“Enjoyable experience, great raw bar”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a fabulous time at this great local spot. The menu is large enough to serve all, and the service was attentive and warm. The raw bar (especially chilled lobster) was fantastic. Save room for dessert. We'll be back when in the area.

• Visited February 2013

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!