“Great experience”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to the Mooring on a weekend trip for his birthday last weekend. Food was amazing, waiter was amazing. The "doughnuts" were out of this world!

1  Thank Mek0316
There are newer reviews for The Mooring

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great food but medium is more on the rare side to them. Service was great. Good beer selection great appatizers

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a great place to stop in for a fun meal during the day when the view is at its best. A bit overpriced for dinner and while so beautifully appointed, it falls into the disheartening category of seafood restaurants that want to keep the old Newport seafaring tradition alive by tearing down all the old traditional buildings and crafting ones that meet today's expectations of nautical character. The food is good, the service excellent but nothing you couldn't get at a Red Lobster in Nowheresville, USA. OK, the Bag of Doughnuts (lobster, crab & shrimp fritters) is pretty darn good with a cold beer but you can get these just about anywhere in Newport so don't make a special trip here just for these. In talking with others, this place is great for a lunch or mid-day snack - the soups are good and warming. So enjoy a light meal here and walk around the town for places that have more of the real Newport charm (though frankly, these are becoming harder to find each year).

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to dinner and it was quite fine. The bag of doughnuts is a Mooring stable for apps. My girl had the tuna tartare it was healthy portion but not clear ruby red but good. I had the fish and chips and the fries while tasty are extremely(extremely)salty - not necessary at all. The fish was a large chunk but I prefer lighter batter so just ate the fish out of the shell and it was good. My lady had the pork belly and really enjoyed it. Overall I think in this day and age they should error on more flavor and less salt. And I think the days of very thick fish crust fried in oil has past it's time. A nice environment and friendly staff.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for our two-year anniversary. Yes, it was expensive for us, but we loved the food, location and atmosphere. We both ordered seafood dishes which were tasty and beautifully presented. Our table overlooked the water, which in January meant it was difficult to see anything. I imagine it is quite beautiful in Spring/Summer and can't wait to visit again when next I'm in Newport.

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!