“Good Italian Meal, Ruined by poor table location”

Lucia Italian Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We visited on two evenings during our visit to Newport, Rhode Island. On both occasions the meals were excellent. The staff were very polite and the service very quick.
However, on our second visit we were given the table adjacent to the bar.
It was a big mistake to accept that table, it was like sitting in a corridor with the customers have to go by our table to the restrooms. The waiters struggled to get past with plates of food and drink.
When the waitress was clearing our table the waiter pushed his way past her nearly causing the plates to fall on to us.
My tip is if offered the table by the bar, refuse it.

1  Thank Mikey P

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice italian joint look no further amazing place wonderful food ..the faglioli was awesome

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went here pretty late at night and the staff was so welcoming and didn't care that they were about to close. The food was delicious. I had the ravioli and my husband had the gnocchi. Everything was made fresh to order!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I wish I could pick this restaurant up and take it home with me. It's the kind of neighborhood Italian restaurant I wish I had near my home. The decor is nothing special to look at, but the service was good and the food was great. Many Italian restaurants mistake quantity (huge portions of pasta) for quality. Lucia focuses on quality. My husband and I particularly enjoyed the manicotti and the tagliatelle ai gamberi e cappesante.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a light lunch at this small, unpretentious place. Excellent lentil soup, and a nice salad. The lunch menu is not huge--pizzas, pastas, salads, soups and a few other dishes, but it's good and reasonably priced.