“I would eat here again anytime”

Lucia Italian Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great meal, great service, homey atmosphere, small capacity. We were a group of nine, and would definitely go there again. Not one of us had a less than great meal. Dessert was over the top.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Place is awesome, genuine, and truly authentic.
If you're some uppity Newport snob or over privileged tourist, you'll easily find fault.
I've been to Lucia over a dozen times and the food is outstanding!!!
Service? Whatever...it's like a homespun eatery where Italian temperaments can sometimes dictate the mood of the venue (and yes, I'm of the same heritage.)
Don't be discouraged by the neg reviews as they're absurd. Give this place a try; you won't realize just how amazing the cuisine is until you actually eat there...
-Dave Melucci

1  Thank 406DavidM71
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love little Lucia. It's an adorable spot that I felt so comfortable in from the moment we walked inside. Green life everywhere, casual "at home" environment... a menu that my total opposite, carnivore husband could dive into while I salivated over more than one vegan option for me! When the two of us can eat somewhere and we're both happy, I'm in Heaven.

I highly recommend the seitan entree and the Roman-style fava beans... stewed with garlic and "gravy" for hours ... to die for! A "will return" for both of us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I were touring Thames Street looking for a good dinner location. As we perused the menu posted outside of Lucia's, a couple was just entering. The lady told us that they had eaten there last night, and it was so good they came back. We decided to try it, and that was a good decision. The restaurant is small, with subdued lighting - rather romantic. The menu was not large, but had several Italian selections. I ordered the manicotti and my wife got ravioli. The waitress was very courteous and efficient. The usual bread was brought, but it was still warm from the oven, and delicious. When the entrees came, they were delectable. The manicotti was superb, with an excellent sauce and very delicious filling - probably the best I've had anywhere. My wife said her ravioli was delicious as well and was glad that we had decided to eat here. The price was very comparable to most places along Thames and in the Newport area in general. Highly recommended if you like authentic Italian food.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Go for it. Great local favorite that we highly recommend!

Pros:
• The locals eat here & love it.
• Food was delicious, served hot & presented beautifully
• Waitstaff spoke with true Italian accents. This is the real deal!
• Great options for vegetarians. About 50% of the menu was stated as such.
• Great prices for the area. Entrees were in the $16 to $23 range. Soups & salads were less.

Cons:
• Somewhat limited menu selection
• Restaurant is quaint, but small. Expect to sit closely to other customers.
• Our experience took nearly 2 hours. We didn't have a schedule to keep so we didn't mind, but if you want to eat & run this is not your spot.