“Thoroughly enjoyed the meal.”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We made reservations for Resaurant Bouchard on our last night in Newport. This is the way to exit a lovely city like Newport. Resaurant Bouchard's service, food and atmosphere were all wonderful. Although, the restaurant is a bit pricey (and just about any good restaurant in this town is), the food was delicious. The only time I order a dessert is when the meal itself is par excellence. I got the Grand Marnier souffle. It, too, was superb. The service was attentive and thorough.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Bouchard

Reviewed June 4, 2009

This restaurant deserves a much higher rating - it was definitely the highlight of our 2009 Newport culinary adventure!

Bouchard is a typical French restaurant in the atmosphere - subdued and quiet.

We started with the bisque de homard (lobster bisque) and the ratatouille (ravioli) - both were wonderful.

Husband had a special for the night - halibut in a hunter sauce - just perfect sauce with capers, lemon, dill? and cream. I had the stuffed lobster (I don't usually have lobster as I hate the fact that they boil them)... but I knew after the entrees that this was going to be good - so I just had to have it, and it was worth the guilt! Just the best I've ever had. The veggies were a delightful combo with a creamed carrot with ginger that made me realize I don't really hate carrots....
I had no room for dessert but husband tried the raspberry sherbet which was just enough to cleanse the pallet, no more.
The service was excellent through out - just enough, but not overbearing. And when they realized we had arrived by cab (parking is tough to say the least), they offered to call one for us after dessert, but we already had.

The price was a little higher than most - but what you expect for fine dining.

I would love to have spoken to the chef (the owner), and he had come out of the kitchen but was speaking to some friends of his at another table so I didn't want to interrupt - but praises were in order!

If you love good food - you must try this!

Reviewed May 26, 2009

This is truly one of the best all-around dining experiences I've had. The wait staff is very professional and friendly. This is the kind of place where they pull out your seat, place the napkin in your lap, etc. They always seemed to know when we needed something, but they never came by too often. The food is incredible. The chef does a great job with the sauces, and they have a nice mixture of appetizers and entrees. This is french cuisine, so if you don't like french food, don't go here. The wine line isn't huge but is more than adequate, and they do a great job of including higher priced wines as well as several bottles costing $29. They also have a half-bottle menu. Their special dessert is a Grand Marnier souffle, which is delicious. The total cost for our meal (2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, 1 bottle wine, tax, tip) was $150, which is excellent considering how good everything was and the attention to detail. This is not a place for small kids. It is meant to be a fancy meal that isn't going to be cheap. This should be the #1 place for fine dining in the Newport area.

Reviewed May 3, 2009

In one word - SUPERB. What a rare find in Newport. Our new favourite French spot in the entire North East of these United States and beyond. Service ( DAWN you were just PERFECT - Albert, never let her go, she made our dining experience even better). Service perfection. Attentive, exact, prompt, never "in your face", but always there were our water glasses were at half. Escargot - to die for. Albert is the SOUCE Chef of the North East. - Superb. We came back the next night just to try them again. My wife is the last on this Green Earth to try the snales. or anything else that swims or crawls, but she DID !!! Amazing. Wine list - again - superb. DO try the PINOT Noir from Oregon but do specifically ask for the 2006 vintage instead of the 2005 (still listed on the wine list )as it is of much better quality and worth the Top Ten list it achieved. Beef with mushrooms. AAAAAAAAA...what a dish. Pork - superb. We heard from others that the sufflet was just to die for. Make sure you experience Bouchard's French dining experience as it is a MUST in Newport. We will be back. It deserves 6 STAR rating. Highly recommended to all.

Reviewed March 2, 2009

They stayed open when many others closed because we had made a reservation a couple of weeks previous. We were greeted with a quiet empty restaurant. We were kind of apprehensive about the lack of bodies but it turned out to be fantastic. Excellent wine list and the presentation was beautiful. Appetizer and mains were out of this world and the service was perfect. This was night 2 of our culinary experience in Newport and it did not fail. Ambiance, service and great tasting food. Triple threat! Highly recommend!

1  Thank Jumbolaya