“So nice....I went twice!”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I made a reservation well in advance and ate there on Saturday, Oct 12th. I was a single female dining alone...and could not have had better service. I had the tuna tartar, salad and duck. It was excellent but the whole experience was so pleasant I asked to come back the next day and sit at the same table and they were able offer 5:30 on Sunday. I find its best to eat a little earlier as a single diner. On Sunday I had the salad (with the salmon) a cod prepared Oscar style and the soufflé. To my surprise the owner Sarah came to my table an d greeted me and we spoke for a few. Again an overall excellent experience. To all single travelers....venture out to these fine dining places! And if you are in Newport...make sure you vibist this one! Sarah...you ROCK!

1  Thank Patricia B

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We live within 15 mins of Newport so dine there frequently. When my husband asks where I'd like to go for a special occasion, this is one of the top three. It doesn't have to be a special occasion, but we tend to save it for that. On our last anniversary, I enjoyed a lobster sauté dish that was truly one of the best meals I've ever had. The service is gracious. If I had one complaint it would be that you can only get reservations for two, at least during the summer months, at times which are way too early or late. We would probably go more often if it was easier. As a matter of policy, we don't go to Newport restaurants during the summer season without a reservation.

1  Thank Sjw65
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Every one of the members of our multi generation dinner devoured every bit of food on their plates. My 16 yr old almost licked the Lobster (with scallops and an amazing sauce) clean and then went on to eat his entire (BEAUTIFUL) Souffle. My Sole was excellent as was the warm pear salad with one of the most well blended balsamic dressings I've ever had. My husband's Cod Special was spectacular as were our shared Chocalate Crepes for dessert.

1  Thank Singlewoman111
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I went there with our two adult daughters to celebrate my wife's birthday. We had a reservation for 7pm and were promptly seated in a smaller area which was perfect for conversation as the tables were a good distance from each other. All food we ordered was extremely good and the portions were on a smaller side, just like in France. For appetizers we had yellow fin tuna tartar which was the only meal I would not say was remarkable, the salad with blue cheese, the escargots and Chef's House Pate, all of which were outstanding. The waiter suggested to pair Pate with a glass of Sauternes which was a perfect match. For the entrees we had sole, red snapper and stuffed lobster with scallops. One of the daughters had Lobster Bisque in place of her entrée. We all shared a little bit of each other's meal and here's my impressions. I liked the sole more than the red snapper, although both were prepared perfectly and the stuffed lobster was simply delicious. Lobster Bisque was also very good. The deserts we ordered (yes we had enough room for that) were perfect as well. Each of us had a drink before the dinner and we ordered a bottle of reasonably priced red wine from Spain. The service was very good but a bit slow, which we didn't mind. We enjoyed the evening very much and the total on the bill was reasonable for the quality of the food and the service. The best experience for us in Newport, RI so far.

2  Thank europetraveler39
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my 3 sisters and we all enjoyed the perfectly prepared entrees and impeccable service!! Our waiter, Max, was friendly and attentive and the decor was elegant and relaxed. The evening was perfect! Will be back again soon!

2  Thank Debora D

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!