“A True Gem”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 249 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful evening at Bouchard the other night. Our server, Max, was charming and friendly. Though our food arrived quickly, we never felt rushed during our meal. We tried the lamb and the monk fish, both of which were cooked to perfection. Dessert was the grand marnier souffle, an exquisitely delicious ending to a fine dinner. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We went for their special New Year's Eve dinner. It was magical. The chef's specially selected and prepared menu was delicious. The foie gras was mouthgasmic. The service was gracious and friendly. It was truly a night to remember.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Bouchard a few times and each time have enjoyed the food more! Tonight we had the Puff Pastry with Asparagus and Lobster as well as the Salmon Salad which were both fabulous! The swordfish was a bit too buttery - but still delicate and well prepared. For dessert we had the apple tart- warm out of the oven with ice cream on top (see photo)- The service was attentive although water refills were a bit slow. The meal was paced well and we felt we could relax and enjoy the experience together. The place is a bit on the pricey side- I might do away with the formal dress code of the waiters- not necessary- but I guess that is par for the course for French Restaurants. Overall very recommended! Make sure you make reservations in advance for your preferred times!

2  Thank abusyb
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Super service and the meal was the best I ever had!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The staff was very attentive and helpful in suggestions and description of various items on the menu. Each member of our party was delighted in their appetizer and entree selection.
I highly recommend the Caesar Salad-made with grilled lettuce. The Acorn squash soup was fantastic. For entrees, we had their signature lobster and scallops entree which did not disappoint. The duck entree was the best duck I have ever had prepared. The veal entree was also very well prepared.

Do not miss pre ordering the grand marnier soufflé. Fantastic!

1  Thank rpksail

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!