“Great! very RICH food”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 233 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
New York City, New York
“Great! very RICH food”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The service is great, it was quiet and subdued which in this day and age is a pleasure to experience. Chose carefully if you have an opening course, the Lobster Bisque was so flavorful that I wound up sharing it with my husband since I was afraid I couldn't eat much after that and the hot fresh roll I had eaten already. The wine list is extensive and offers a wide range in price and type. I had the lobster dish that came in a red cream sauce, it was again very rich and somewhat reminiscent of the lobster bisque? I attribute it to the cream butter bases found in much of French menus. Overall it was romantic and a good meal. We refrained from dessert after the meal. We were that satiated. One of the best in Newport!

Tiverton, Rhode Island
“The food was good, small portions, large price."”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Considering the portion size the prices were highly inflated. We had the lobster appetizer for 12.50 which was a small lobster tail on a pastry with sauce. This was very good but could've eaten this in 2 bites if I tried. For entrees my husband had the duck which was absolutely delicious but again very small. The mashed carrots are very good but you literally get a teaspoon full, and this is your side along with 2 teaspoons of mashed potatoes. I had the pork tenderloin. Again, delicious.. Small portions. Pork tenderloin was 26.00 and duck was 29.00. If you don't mind getting small portions and being ripped off you will like this restaurant. Again I can't complain about the food, it was very good. Service was good... A little slow paced, but the want you to relax and stay a while. I won't go into about the person next to us going on about her Spain and Australia trips and antique silver collection, but I guess it's expected in this neighborhood.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent restaurant.”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We loved our dinner---I had the scallops with mole to start---which was very good, but didn't compare to my husbands GREAT CAESAR SALAD--maybe the romaine was grilled? It was fabulous. THe dover sole was also excellent, and don't miss the grand marnier souffle for dessert. Our only non-perfect part was that we came in May, and it was quite warm in the restaurant--they hadn't turn on the A/C....

• Visited May 2011
Kansas
“Incredibly bad…”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I just can’t truly explain how bad our meal was. We were seated and it took the waiter forever to serve us….and then it turned out he was a conceited little snot. I ordered the pate for an appetizer and it was nasty. Instead of pate, it was some kind of liver cream or mousse or something but it was not pate and it was not good. I ordered the stuffed lobster and my wife ordered the pork tenderloin. My wives’ was very average and mine was horrible. The lobster was covered in a thick, nasty cheese covered in a thick nasty sauce. It was incredibly bad. The waiter continued to be bad and to make bad night worse, he took forever to get the bill to us….and we wanted out of there SO bad. This place is horrible; avoid it like the plaque.

7 Thank ben17a
Rhode Island
“Price of Consistency”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Bouchards is a well oiled machine. Service is discreet and pleasant. The menu changes little, but what there is is excellent. Consistency is one of the hardest things to do in the restaurant business and Bouchards does it quite well. The downside is of course that the excellence will not be pushed to new heights. You will get good, very good and occasionally great. What the format will not give you is a dish where you would be happy to sell your first born child for another taste.

1 Thank xTallyrand