“Price of Consistency”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 249 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Bouchards is a well oiled machine. Service is discreet and pleasant. The menu changes little, but what there is is excellent. Consistency is one of the hardest things to do in the restaurant business and Bouchards does it quite well. The downside is of course that the excellence will not be pushed to new heights. You will get good, very good and occasionally great. What the format will not give you is a dish where you would be happy to sell your first born child for another taste.

1  Thank xTallyrand

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I went to Newport (one of our favorite places) to celebrate our 4th anniversary. We stayed at Bouchard's inn for the weekend and dined at Restaurant Bouchard on our anniversary. The food was exceptional and was truly delicious. If you like lobster, you MUST have their lobster entree, which as my husband noted, "isn't just lobster, but an original lobster recipe". The staff was very attentive and were always watching to see if we needed anything. If you take even two sips of your wine or water, more will appear within moments. Before we left, we asked our waiter to take our picture and mentioned to him that it was our anniversary. He took the picture and immediately brought us two flutes of complimentary champagne "from Chef Bouchard" for our celebration. It was an excellent occasion and we loved everything we ate (which says a lot because my husband is a very picky diner and almost always has a complaint about the service or food). We will recommend this restaurant to others, and and we'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Kristeanity
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We had a wonderful evening, service started out slow but got much better, wonderful food! Would be in our top restaurants that we have experienced.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Around mid-June, we discovered that Newport might be a nice place to celebrate our anniversary. But where to stay and celebrate with a special anniversary dinner? Our research turned up Bouchard Inn and Restaurant, and we liked what we read, so we booked it. We were more than glad we did. The folks at Restaurant Bouchard made sure that this anniversary dinner was beyond special with their great food and very attentive service in a very comfortable, quiet dining room.
We started our dinner with drinks- my wife ordered a Kir Royale and I ordered a glass of champagne. Both were reasonably priced, considering this restaurant's status as a premium French restaurant.

We split a Salade aux Poires et Roquefort, with a wide variety of mixed greens, warm pears, roasted walnuts, balsamic vinaigrette, and bleu cheese garnish. A great start. Piping hot, fresh rolls were brought out.
We listened attentively to the specials, making it more difficult to choose among the many enticing entrees. My wife chose the Cod special, and I chose a swordfish special, with artichoke hearts, truffle oil, mushrooms, and other vegetables which served to garnish this fantastic dish- I cannot describe in words how infectious and delicious this dish was. And my wife enjoyed here cod, which was just as exciting. The swordfish was the best preparation of swordfish I ever had.

For dessert, we each had the Grand Marnier souffle. I knew we had to order this in advance, so we did. The soufflé dish was decorated with "Bon Anniversaire!"- what a nice, thoughtful touch! And we were both served a complimentary glass of champagne to accompany our dessert. The soufflé was among the best we've ever eaten.

We'd like to thank chef Albert Bouchard and his staff for such a wonderful evening. We'd go back!

1  Thank JCArchT
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We celebrated my husband's 40th birthday over the 4th of July weekend. It is everything the reviews say and more. The food was outstanding. The service was excellent. Our waiter gave us time to savor each course but was right there whenever we needed anything. The food is presented beautifully and is world class. We would recommend this to anyone who appreciates fine french cuisine. Dishes are classical french and rich in flavor so it is not for children. It is a special occasion place and we will be back.

1  Thank JenB66

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!