“Restaurant Week in Newport”

22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: America
Description: Located amidst bustling Bowen’s Wharf in the heart of downtown Newport, 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille is a world-class steakhouse serving USDA Prime beef, New England's finest seafood, and is complemented by an award-winning wine list. We look forward to having you experience one of Newport’s best.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had dinner here for Restaurant Week. Nice three course selections. I had a goat cheese and mushroom crostada to start, filet mignon and finished with an olive oil cake for dessert. The boyfriend had arugula salad, lamb and chocolate torte for dessert. Everything was delicious - the olive oil cake was a little dry but I suspect that is the nature of the dessert. Nice wine selection. Excellent service. Convenient location on the wharf.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

worth eating here food was great and staff friendly -right in the heart of were the stores and art shoppes are

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The restaurant was nice but we were disappointed with the temp of the food. I had the homemade pasta that was served to me only warm and wasn't all that tasty. I regretted not asking for it to be reheated because I took much of it home and found it wonderfully flavorful when it was hot. After we finished, my husband said his plate was not much more than room temperature and the potatoes were dry. The flavor of his steak though was outstanding as was the salad, soup, and dinner rolls. We suspect our experience was not the usual and would probably give this restaurant another try when we are back in Newport.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Enjoyed lunch there Sunday after service at Trinity Church. The meal was superb and the service was excellent. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Recently had lunch at this establishment. My hopes were very high, but I thought the food was good, not amazing. The server was not the friendliest and overall it was just an average experience.

1  Thank amiguinho