“Almost perfect”

22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: America
Description: Located amidst bustling Bowen’s Wharf in the heart of downtown Newport, 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille is a world-class steakhouse serving USDA Prime beef, New England's finest seafood, and is complemented by an award-winning wine list. We look forward to having you experience one of Newport’s best.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great table at the railing of the second floor deck. The waitress was friendly and the lobster/ corn fritters are a wonderful appetizer. Our dinners were delayed because of a kitchen back up and the manager came over to apologize for the wait. My husband loved his veal chop and my salmon was good. I loved the gnocchi. They took the drinks off the bill which was a nice gesture since we waited for the entree. Definitely would go back when we are in Newport again.

There are newer reviews for 22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Four of us dined on Saturday evening June 29th. Had reservations at 6:30 and seated promptly upstairs at a comfortable table overlooking the wharf. The restaurant is casual but has an upscale feel. The rib eye steak I ordered medium rare came out too well done for my taste, but no problem when I sent it back and no problem with getting it right the second time. The 2 lb lobsters steamed were very fresh, but at $31/lb. I believe was priced more than it should have been. On the other hand, the service was excellent. Overall, we were satisfied and would recommend, but I presume there are other places to have fresh lobster in Newport at a more manageable price.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I started going to 22 Bowen's faithfully about a year ago. The service has been wonderful. The food was great. There was a menu change and the menu is a bit different but the quality of the items served is not up to the old standard. Sometimes change is not always for the better.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at 22 Bowen's last Saturday night. We didn't have a reservation but surprisingly they managed to squeeze us in at 8:30. I have to be up front in saying that I am a steak house lover. However, I was actually happy to see new menu items in addition to steaks or lobsters. My wife enjoyed a salmon entree with gnocchi and shrimp that she still raves about. I went with a veal chop with black mushrooms and fingerling potatoes that was the truth. As for the service, our busboy Kurtis was absolutely wonderful. He warmed our baby's milk and offered applesauce or carrots for our 13 month old. Our server Amy was fantastic and through our conversing we learned that she also has a pug. For dessert Amy brought us a trio of chocolate which paired nicely with the remnants of the St. Francis Cab we enjoyed with the entrees. Going out to eat with a small child is never easy, but the efforts made by Amy and Kurtis as well as the hostess made us feel valued. We stop in once every summer and have always loved it.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had drinks at their outdoor seating area on a Wednesday evening. Fantastic location, but that's about it. Was with my wife and kids. When we told them we were just having drinks, we got the stink eye from the waiter (we just wanted a place to sit down and imbibe while my daughter looked at the sailboats and my son snoozed in his stroller). Beer selection is mediocre and the food looked overpriced. The wait staff was changing shifts, so they asked us to pay almost immediately, which is fine, but I never was asked if I wanted a second drink (they just ignored us for the rest of the time we were there). I guess I'm not as refined as some of their clientele (I'm not really a seer-sucker pants, Vineyard Vines type person I guess), but if you are, then this might be your kind of place.