“Not great”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The menu is extensive with various specials. I ordered a shrimp salad as a appetizer and much to my surprise (and the server), the chef substituted larger shrimp (as advertised) with small bay shrimp. The presentation was completely different and included rock hard avocado slices and cabbage. Instead of either dropping the special salad or at least informing the guest of the change, the chef decided to pass off this poor substitute, which was not appreciated. I ate some of the salad however I did complain and in the end, the chef 'partially' comped my salad. Maybe its because I ate a little of the salad but I never heard of management 'partially' comping a dissatisfied guest. Regardless, he handled it in a counterproductive way and left this diner with a bad taste in his mouth. On the other hand, the server was top notch! Beware.

1  Thank RFBoston

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've eaten in Axterix many times I think it's super good food good prices.

When you come with bad reviews, you ought to go to the owner ( you obviously know him), and explain to him what is wrong!

Envy is a bad thing strange in a small town when the racing conditions are great and all fighting for customers, especially com's which apparently has more customers than others, the poor construction.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

OK cocktails, ok flavors for appetizers; had the tuna and salmon tartar - lacked luster, calamari was overdone and rubbery. Duck was overdone and although the restaurant was only half full, by 7 pm, they'd sold out of their best dessert!

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

The food is delicious, the chef is the owner which is really cool. You can tell he is passionate about his food and his restaurant. We had a great meal with great service. I really like this elegant, restaurant.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Drinks & food were fantastic, but we the prices were overpriced for a smaller place with crazy colors & ho-hum service. We visited there 2x and enjoyed the food. But again the service was kinda terrible and that ruins a nice meal.