“we enjoyed the visit.”
Review of Black Pearl

Black Pearl
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Pearl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
New Orleans
“we enjoyed the visit.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went for lunch on a busy August Sunday. The place was crammed so we weren't able to get a table with a view. But the place has some atmosphere, a historic inn feel & the food was fine. Service was ok too. I'd return on a less busy time.

• Visited August 2013

Albany, New York
“Best. Clam. Chowder. Ever.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I'm serious, I eat it everywhere I go and this is the hands down winner. I mean it is just perfect, not too creamy, not too runny, just the right amount of everything and sooo buttery! I had what I thought was the best chowder last summer in Kennebunkport, Maine. I won't name the place, their chowder is killer and I thought it couldn't be beat. I was wrong!

We each had a sandwich as well and they were both very good. I just have to say, if all this place served was their clam chowder they would do fine. I'd drive 3 hours again to get it and I will soon I am sure.

• Visited April 2014
Crofton, Maryland
“Great Chowder!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Went to Black Pearl on the first night of our visit and had a wonderful meal. Our waitress, Christin, was very friendly and attentive. Had the mussels and a huge bowl of awesomeness came out to our table! We chatted with Christin about where good places to go are and she was very helpful. We had a sample of the chowder for dessert (I know that's a little unusual) and was pleasantly awed by it. It has dill, which I don't normally associate with chowders, but it really worked! Definitely worth a visit when you are in Newport

Visited April 2014
madison nj
“Lobster salad”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great little restaurant, with excellent chowder and Lobster roll. Cozy woody enviroment, with great tasting food and service.

• Visited April 2014
Mims
“Pearl of a Restaurant”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was such a great find of a restaurant. It is difficult to find a parking place, but worth walking a bit to enjoy the great food. the seafood is fresh and prepared perfectly. The desserts are different from time to time, and all worth the calories. Have one!

Visited March 2014

Been to Black Pearl? Share your experiences!