“Awesome Experience”

Island Style Parasail
More attraction details
Owner description: Soar high above the coast of beautiful Newport Road Island while enjoying the breathtaking views of Narragansett Bay. Our team takes great pride in your safety and enjoyment. All of our captains are coast guard certified with a master license and 15 yrs experience. With top notch safety gear and regular boat maintenance we aim to show you a thrilling yet enjoyable and safe ride...Come Fly with Us!
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've always been terrified of heights since I was a young girl, so when my friend pointed out that she wanted to go parasailing, I was fairly skeptical. After she convinced me, we went downtown, easily found the booth, and were enthusiastically greeted by our captains, Wade and Kevin, and one of the girls in the booth. We signed the waivers and were led down to the boat along with our mates that would be joining. We got settled on the boat and Kevin clearly explained what we had to do and all the safety precautions. We then set out into the bay which in itself was a nice and relaxing ride. When it was my and my friends turn to go up, Kevin geared us up and we were slowly lifted off the boat. I thought I would be scared, but I wasn't at all! It was much different being in a parasail than being on the edge of a building. The view was simply spectacular. This experience was amazing and I would recommend this to anybody looking for some adventure this summer. The staff was exceptional. I can't wait to do it again this summer!

1  Thank Hailey V
mikemz535380, Owner at Island Style Parasail, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for flying with Island Style Parasail. So often we hear, that people enjoyed their flight, and it wasn't scary. For most people the flight is very relaxing.
Aloha and Mahalo

in 11 reviews
"sky"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I spent over 10 years working on parasail boats in Hawaii and these guys were top-notch professionals who know what customer service is all about! Mahalo!

mikemz535380, Owner at Island Style Parasail, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Good times and smiles, that's why we are here.
Aloha guys, Mahalo

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was my first trip to Newport and definitely not my last. We are looking forward to spending more time in this town next fall. I decided to take the wife up the coast for a nice Memorial Day weekend getaway and being from the Annapolis area we decided that Newport, Rhode island sounded like a good weekend getaway.

We stumbled upon "island style" parasail while walking around the harbor at bowens ferry landing. We are avid sailers but new to the adventure sport of parasailing we decided to inquire. The girls at the counter were friendly and it was easy to sign up.

Captain Wade and his handy assistant picked a group of us up for our tour and were very knowledgable. Not only with the activity they provided, but they also gave great advice on local restaurants and spots to check out while we were in the area.

Parasailing was Surreal! Much smoother than we expected, we took off and landed on the boat and only got wet because we asked for a dip in the water for the photos.all in all it was a wonderful experience.

If you have an hour to kill and are around the Newport area I would highly recommend spending it at Island Style Parasail. Any extra time and the guys will direct you where to go. Thanks again we had a blast!!

mikemz535380, Owner at Island Style Parasail, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Andy, we are very happy you enjoyed your parasail ride, your safety and enjoyment is our goal. We love to get return customers. Hope to see you this upcoming summer. Aloha

Reviewed March 31, 2014

A couple of things about my son, Wade, who is Island Style Parasail: We've sailed from Nova Scotia to the Caribbean. He knows the oceans and its winds. So be at ease and enjoy the ride! Meb, Wade's stepmom says: I love the silence and the peace and the fabulous view!

2  Thank Meb B
mikemz535380, Owner at Island Style Parasail, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thanks for the review, be back in RI. in a month. Everybody ready for summer ?

See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Went twice it was so fun! The captain and crew were very funny and were extremely cool to us. Had a blast!!! Was there on business and my whole team was stressed out and thank god for these guys to show everyone a good time and release all our worries! Check these guys out!!!

1  Thank burnsmp7
ParasailNewportRI, Owner at Island Style Parasail, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Awesome, glad you guys had fun. There are a lot of business conventions in Newport. Take a couple hours, enjoy your time in Newport It's not all about meetings and work, get out and have some fun, even if it's not with us. There are a lot of great activities in Newport. ALOHA