“Yellow Fork Fried Rice?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #137 of 236 Restaurants in Newport
Rhode Island
“Yellow Fork Fried Rice?”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We got take out today. First visit. Last visit. The fried shrimp was one FLATTENED shrimp three times smaller than the crust. I had to search for it. The worst part was the Pork Fried Rice. It was BRIGHT YELLOW! Very strange after taste. I must also say, the gal that gave me my order was SO difficult to understand. I really couldn't understand her so I just gave her a $20 and waited for change.

• Visited January 2014

USA
“Great little Chinese restaurant!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Food made to order! Not buffet style bland Chinese food. We came for lunch after shopping at Walmart for supplies. Portions were really big and surprisingly good! We had general tso chicken and pepper steak. We will definitely come back again!

• Visited June 2013
Rhode Island
“4 and 1/2 stars”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Bamboo Chinese is conveniently located next to the rotary in Newport. It's a small, very casual restaurant that is geared mostly for takeout business. There are several tables for dining in. You can order at the counter and the friendly staff will bring the order to you. It's my family's favorite Chinese food overall- one prefers the hot & sour soup from a different Chinese restaurant and another says the Moo Goo Gai Pan at a nearby establishment in Middletown is his favorite dish, but Bamboo is the best all-around Chinese in the area. You may be a bit disappointed if you frequent Chinese restaurants in San Francisco (that accounts for the 1/2 star deduction) - but it's among the best in Rhode Island and reasonably priced.

• Visited May 2013