“Great night out, good food & entertainment! Great price!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 109 things to do in Newport
Dighton, MA
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great night out, good food & entertainment! Great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

12 of us attended a Friday night performance for a bargain price of $68/couple! Excellent service, huge buffet food was good too! Lots of items to choose from! The play featured 5 local actors it was a comedy "the Perfect Wedding", the actors did a good job! My only complaint, show was suppose to star at 8pm and didn't start til 8:45pm . After the show , there was a 2nd Cabaret show for free back in the restaurant! Great drinks reasonable prices! We'll be back!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank jptreacy

Brookhaven, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Most fun in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I went here with 5 friends when we were in Newport for a girls weekend. There was a Friday night special. For $36 I was amazed at all that I got. The buffet dinner was great with so any choices, I especially loved the big plates! There was a piano player while I ate. Then we were brought to another room to see the play. It was hysterical. When that was over we went back to the room where we ate and had drinks and Cabaret entertainment. They were hysterical.y husband would have loved this place. I would love to go back to Newport just so I could go here again.

1 Thank Susieque052
Reading, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Day of Food, Great Theater and Cabaret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you are in Newport, RI, do head to the Newport Playhouse. The Buffet at 11:30 is full of great food, then at 1 P.M. you get to see a good play in a small theater, where ever seat is perfect. Next you go back to where you ate to enjoy a Cabaret. It is almost 4 1/2 hours of fun. Do check it out, as it is a wonderful deal. We did the Matinee performance, but they also have evening ones also. Price is just under $50.00 for all this.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank BD2323DB
Leesburg, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Lots of laughs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

You can't go wrong on this deal. It is $49.99 for a FULL buffet, many choices including dessert & coffee. There are salads, pasta, meatballs, marinated chicken, potatoes, green beans, barbecue chicken, pork loin, ham, beans, fish etc. After dinner, you move to the room where the play is performed. We saw Spreading it Around yesterday. It was done very well. Obviously this is a community playhouse so you can not expect the Performing Arts, however, it was done very well, laughed and even cried at the end! Then you move back into the dining room for the cabaret. It's basically slapstick humor with a few singing performances. It was funny and enjoyable. I have to take my daughter here next! The only additional charge is drinks.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank dusty95
Coventry, Rhode Island
429 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 402 helpful votes
“More Fun than a Broadway Play”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great small theater that puts on great plays
the talent is outstanding and due to the small size you are like really into the show.
Nice seating,frendly,top quality acting.'
Now,before you start they have an outstanding buffet and I mean outstanding which if you are smart you will pay for as part of your ticket price. We never miss at least twice a season and more if we can.
So you have a buffet,a great play and then after the play you have a review with the people who were in the play for about another hour of comedy. The price for a night out is very inexpensive for all you get.
This is a Gem of a ;night out in Newport,R.I
and you will want to go back again and again. So have a great night out and enjoy part of Rhode Island.This is not to be missed.

Visited August 2012