“Outstanding Lobster Rolls and clam strips!”

Easton's Beach Snack Bar
Ranked #3 of 11 Quick Bites in Newport
Cuisines: American
Description: NO shoes or shirts required! You order at the counter, when your food is ready we call your name and you get your own food. We have plastic tables. If you are looking for upscale dining there are many fine restaurants in Newport. We are famous for Twin Lobster Rolls, Clam Cakes, Fried Clams & Fish & Chips Great prices for freshly prepared seafood. Enjoy your meal on our deck over looking Easton's Beach and Newport's beautiful Cliff Walk . We are NOT your average snack bar but we are a snack bar!! History Established in 1998. Our twin lobster roll special started when our bread supplier shorted our 9 inch rolls that we used to make our single lobster roll. Instead of cutting 6 inch rolls to make a 9 inch long roll we added a little more lobster and made twin rolls. Our customers were surprised and delighted to get two for the price of one so we kept them on the menu. It's such a great deal! We are open everyday
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

The Twin Lobster rolls here were so good we had to come back to have them
For breakfast on our way out of Newport. Absolutely delicious and a deal at $18 for two. The clam strips were also outstanding, and the garden salad had wonderful fresh greens, tomatoes and cucumbers. They also sold pretty sunflowers and I bought some for our hotel room. Perfect combo of great views, food and value.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I took a sightseeing 5 mile run here as it was my target meal for lunch. It’s right on the beach and super easy to find - you’ll see a sign in the nearby parking lot but basically it’s the only restaurant here in the beach so way easier to find than I expected which was awesome :) twin rolls are great just like everyone says! They also sell powerade if you want a sports drink hydration option and a cup of ice is only - quarter - which was awesome to toss in my handheld to prep for the run home. It’s outdoor seating - and there’s a covered pagoda right down the stairs from it if you want a full shade dining experience. Great place!

Date of visit: July 2018
Barry B, Owner at Easton's Beach Snack Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Thanks for the nice review!
Barry B owner

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Great value in the food, service was fair but overall I think this is worth a visit. Getting a seat to eat and fending off seagulls makes your experience a little bit like the Hunger Games series but the location and view give it a bit extra. Heard a lot about the twin lobster rolls and ordered them but wasn’t overly impressed. Tried some of the fish and chips, clam strips, burgers that the rest of my family ordered and it was all good. Would try again.

Reviewed July 20, 2018

I give good marks for good food and this place has lobster rolls worth the price. The location kind of makes you wonder, "How good can the food be when it's coming from a restaurant at the beach?"
Well, I had a bunch of choices, and I was looking for a nice lobster roll with fresh ingredients.
The hunks of lobster came chilled with butter on the side or chilled in a light mayo, served on a butter and grilled bun with fries. The hand cut fries and fresh lobster disappeared quickly. I will be back, again and again, thanks to good food.
Did I forget the beach? Well, the view from the deck, the restaurant is on the 2nd floor, of the beach is right there, The only way to get closer is to get on the sand.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

This snack bar came recommended by locals, but I thought it was just okay. My friend and I were visiting Providence and Newport for a weekend, and we had completed the Cliff Walk and decided to walk just a little farther for Easton's Beach for a few hours. We were starving by the time we got there. My friend is a vegetarian, so her only option was a veggie burger and fries. The veggie burger was beyond basic. Just the patty and bun. No pickles, onion, tomato - nothing. She did have condiments to put on, since they had condiments for the fries. I got the plain and simple lobster roll (chilled lobster on a roll with butter). There was definitely a lot of lobster, and I appreciated that they let the lobster stand on its own (just lobster and butter, nothing else). But the lobster wasn't cleaned well, and I definitely got some grit. It was good, but not great. But it sure hit the spot after a few miles of walking!

Date of visit: July 2018
Barry B, Owner at Easton's Beach Snack Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Hi Alexis, Thanks for the review. In regards to the veggieburger. There is just not enough room on the menu board to list everything we do , but we do offer lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles free for the asking when ordering veggieburgers as well as hamburgers. We also have great garden salads made with a custom blend of kales & romaine lettuce topped with vegetables and heirloom tomatoes grown in our own greenhouse. Again thanks for the review. Barry B owner