“One of my favorite tours that I've taken....locally and abroad.”

Newport Tour & Guide
Ranked #18 of 58 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide private driving tours of Newport, RI, the most historically intact city in the United States. Whether you are traveling alone, as a couple, or with thirty-five friends, Newport Tour & Guide offers an experience that is both relaxing and informative, providing a rare insight into this City by the Sea. Our guides are all local, well trained, and have a prodigious knowledge of Newport history. Our private tours include over a dozen opportunities to stop and visit historical sites, not just drive by. Our special license allows us unlimited versatility in both our tours and routes, and we can stop at a moment's notice for photography, culinary delights, rest stops, or shopping, wherever and whenever our clients wish. If there's someplace you want to spend more time, it's your tour, and your choice.
Newport, Rhode Island
“One of my favorite tours that I've taken....locally and abroad.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Twice I have used Newport Tour and Guide when I have had out of town guests visiting, and they wanted to experience the history and culture of my great city. (I've lived in Newport for over 30 years and I actually have learned a lot of the town's history just from taking the tours with my guests). The tours can be customized to your interests whether it is Colonial or Gilded Age history. Also, for those that want to walk part of the Cliff Walk and hear great information and local lore, that can be included too. Sam, the tour guide that I had both times, knows her stuff and the stories she shares will hold everyones attention - never has 2 - 3 hours flown by so quickly. I highly recommend this company - great people, a clean air-conditioned van that will pick you up and bring you back to your lodging, and interesting, fun facts that make Newport so special. Kathy MacKnight, Newport, RI

Visited June 2013

North Easton, Massachusetts
“Great way to get to know Newport”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Took a custom tour with girlfriends and had a blast. The van was comfortable and our friendly guide Tammy made me feel like a Newport insider instead of a tourist. What a treat! Learned more about Newport than I ever thought I would. If you want to get to know the city and its interesting history and back stories and not feel rushed or crowded, I would definitely recommend this tour.

Visited July 2013
Westport, MA United States
“What a trip!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have been to Newport many times but never like this!
What fun to be guided by someone who knows the in's and out's of this beautiful city.
Can't wait to go again and take one of the other tour choices.
Thanks Sam for making it so much fun.
Carole Russell
Westport, MA

Visited August 2013
“Queen of the Resorts...one mansion, historical homes, scenic drive.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Sami was an excellent, knowledgable guide, who is native to the town. Tammy is bubbly, helpful, and a great driver. These women give a wonderful energetic tour, which can be individualized to meet needs and interests. I recommend this tour with great enthusiasm!

Franklin, Massachusetts
“Fabulous Tour of an enchanting town! Loved it.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I are not the "guided tour" type and would never do crowded trolley/bus type sightseeing. But a good friend highly recommended Newport Tour & Guide to us so we booked a custom tour with them. We were shown a wonderful time by the very knowledgeable guide, a native Newporter who made it interesting and fun. They make as many stops as you like and we got lots of great pictures. I love the architecture and history and my hubby enjoys the seaport stories and boats. The guide did an excellent job of covering all of it and more. The van is comfy and snacks/drinks were provided. A really great experience!