“Great at portion sizes”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2019

Too many restaurants overwhelm you with the size of portions. Malt seems to have it right. The food was excellent and the portions were perfectly sized. You were able to enjoy them without overeating and still feel full at the end of the meal. The hummus appetizer is a must have.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 9, 2019

I had clam chowder with was floury and full of potato. Hubby had fish tacos which lacked flavour and chickpea fritters which were uninteresting. Not the best you can do in Newport but the staff were friendly and attentive. Maybe a bad night in the kitchen.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank JGrossman_london
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Our waitress tried very hard but was a bit overwhelmed. She forgot the appetizers and then the meal, when it arrived, was undercooked. In the interim she brought out the forgotten appetizer. When my dinner finally appeared, it was delicious but not how I ordered it. It was cold and needed to go back to be cooked as I requested. I might give it another try however I am not very hopeful despite the rave reviews. This was my second attempt ... perhaps NOT on a Saturday night

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank dermgoddess
Reviewed January 29, 2019

Went with an out of town visitor as we both wanted a burger. Really enjoyed ourselves! The waitress was very nice. We did not make a reservation but got the last open table, which was nice. They were very busy but it wasn't loud and I felt like our waitress took her time with us and came back often to check in.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Dinner was perfect from start to finish. Cozy, unpretentious, just the setting we are comfortable with. Ordered the cod with mushroom risotto, and the confit duck breast, finished with the chocolate malt bomb. It's not often I get the check and not care what the bill is, but dinner was totally worth every cent. Our server even chased a leaving patron down the street in the winter cold to return her gloves, she deserves a raise!

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Malt? Share your experiences!