“New Player on Broadway”

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Player on Broadway”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Simple Pub style restaurant new on Broadway, absolutely Love the Shrimp Nachos, will go back for them alone.
Great whisky selection, and people watching

Visited July 2013
1 Thank chris b

rhode island
“Good Food and Friendly Service.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Four of us tried Malt for the first time and found the food was very good and the service was great. Parking is on the street and on the busy weekend we found a spot quite close. Malt had nearly five pages of drinks and a large selection of beers on tap. We ordered burgers and they were delicious. The people watching was fun. The place feels comfortable and we plan to get back there soon.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank cattlegirl96
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“A Must Go To Spot”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had heard some great things about Malt so decided to check it out. My friend and I were not disappointed. First of all the bartenders Tom and Olivia were fabulous and they had a great selection of craft beers. I had the chowder and as a chowder lover, this was one of the best I've had in a long time. Hopefully they will join the Chowder cookoff next year. I also had the much talked about mushroom risotto and it did not disappoint. My friend had the build your own burger (served medium as ordered) and said it was delicious. I can't wait to go back for the Thai shrimp nachos. Definitely a "don't miss this spot"!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank dmgodin
Newport, Rhode Island
“A great spot on Broadway”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I enjoy going to Malt for a couple reasons, Tom's hospitality, the great selection of spirits and the mushroom risotto, ok, a few reasons. The friendliness of the place along with the food and beverage draws you back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank steve f
Keystone, Colorado
“More than artisan beers”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Malt is an unexpected gem on Broadway in Newport. The list of beers on tap and bottles is extensive and will satisfy the micro brew crowd . But the food is the big surprise. Our appetizer was a duck confit spring roll with zippy dipping sauce and quite delicious. My meal was grilled scallops on a bed of shiitake mushrooms and sautéed veggies . There was an additional spicy sauce that really did well with the scallops. Our other meal was equally inspiring and the wine list,though not extensive, was very good and reasonable. We sat inside, but the sidewalk seating in good weather would be a better choice.

• Visited May 2013