“Lobster Bisque the very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lobster Bar

The Lobster Bar
Ranked #43 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
nashville
“Lobster Bisque the very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We just wanted a bowl of soup for a light dinner. We stopped in at the Lobster Bar and ordered the Lobster Bisque with extra lobster to go. The soup was everything you could ask for in a Lobster Bisque.

• Visited October 2013

Cruso, North Carolina, United States
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Like most other restaurants in Newport this one was not exactly a bargain, but the food was excellent, very fresh and the location was great. Our table was almost literally right on the water. Service was a little slow, but our server was very pleasant (though overworked) and the setting was gorgeous so who cared!

Visited October 2013
Boca Raton,FL
“If you like lobster rolls this is the place to come”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here overlooking the water and it was excellent. My husband had the lobster roll and said it was the best one he had ever had. I had the lobster bisque and stuffed quahogs which were excellent. The service was good and the view was great. We would go back for sure.

Visited October 2013
RI
“Great lunch in Newport!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've been here a couple of times and always had a positive experience. This is not a fancy Newport type hangout. It's rustic...it's fun...it's worth it! You know the seafood is fresh since you pass through the shop on the way to be seated. This used to be only a fish market with some weird little shops inside. Now it is a great waterfront spot to eat, drink and be merry! Today I took my sister and brother-in-law who were visiting from North Carolina. They sorely missed the Rhode Island treats that are almost impossible to get in the south. We walked in, got a great table outside (nice warm day for October) and ordered a drink. The service was quick and pleasant. We decided on two orders of steamers which were delicious! With just the right amount of broth and butter, they were tender and flavorful. We also had the New England clam chowder. Although I prefer Rhode Island chowder, which is a clear broth, I thought this creamy version was very good and had lots of flavor without being "pasty". All in all a great experience. It was nice to treat my family and myself as well!

• Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The lobster roll was great and the view very nice. The location was convenient and this place came highly recommended

Visited September 2013