Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
We return every summer for more!

Reviewed March 2, 2016
Marina T
Bethesda, Maryland
Rhody Surf Camp

Reviewed August 12, 2015
Cheryl L
Middletown, Rhode Island

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2016

Awesome camp for kids! My daughter has done the camp for three summers, and can't wait to go back again. This past year she did it for the full two weeks that we were in Newport. It is her favorite activity while we are there. The staff is fantastic, and she has received great instruction. They provide all the gear, you just show up and surf. She likes having other kids to surf with, and the safety of having the instructors there, especially when the surf is a little bigger. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed August 12, 2015

My best friend and I both had our grandchildren for the week and decided to give the six kids a surfing experience. We were in awe on the first day everyone was up on the boards. The instructors are really great. The kids enjoyed being with all of them. Need to mention the very personable organizer who checked us in and answered questions and seem to make everything run smoothly. Thank you all for a very memorable week.
Sofia, Alex, Violet, Gabby, Ava and Vinny

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My two daughters (12 and 10) LOVED Rhody Surf this earlier this month. It was one of their favorite activities while on vacation in Newport, RI. The employees (Chris and Kelsey) were talented in their surfing instruction yet approachable and easy to talk to about the program. My husband and I watched the session and thought it was well run. Even the owner was great at pointing out an active Groupon that was running which helped save us some $. I've recommended this activity to many of my friends. And, we would definitely do this again on another trip to RI.

Date of experience: July 2014
2  Thank Kate M
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Neither my friends nor I have done any surfing but we wanted to check it out. The place isn’t cheap but the instructors are really good. The guy we had, was really encouraging and patient with us, considering what a klutz I am. He paid us individual attention, and we enjoyed it a lot. First he taught us the basics on dry land then we went in the water. My friend was really into it and she tried hard, I just paddled around lazily relaxing. Really had fun.

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank Renee555Bk
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My 11 year old daughter and I took lessons this week, and she is going back for Kids Surf Camp. We both loved it! She got up on the board on the first try ... me, not so much (though I did get on my feet briefly.) This is now on my "Before I Turn 50" list, and I will be back next summer!

The instructor (Hilary) was encouraging and kind, and very nice. The experience was not scary at all & was a new way to enjoy the water.

Do it!