“Bicycle Rental Options”
Review of Newport Bicycle

Newport Bicycle
More attraction details
Owner description: Our guides lead a moderate, perfectly paced, 2-hour, 9-mile ride, steeped in history and graced with architectural and natural beauty. View the harbor. See Newport's magnificent mansions. Dip your toes in the ocean at Bailey's Beach. Learn how Newport shaped the nation we live in today. Tour price includes a bike, helmet, and a guide.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

While in Newport we rented Bicycles from the Newport Bicycle company. The shop is a bit difficult to find as it is a few blocks past the center of town. They have a nice selection of bikes for sale and a great price for bike rentals. The gentleman at the counter was a bit growly, but got our bikes and helmets to us in a timely manner. The bikes could have been a bit better maintained so I highly recommend you take a test spin before you get out of town and realize that your gears don't shift properly.

Reommendation: Good rental but check out your bike before you leave.

4  Thank IndySig
in 6 reviews
"history"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently took a bike tour of Newport. Nick, our guide, was so thorough and took his time to answer our questions. It was a comprehensive tour that gave me an overview the the historic and beauty of Newport, RI. It was a great way to get in some exercise as well! I highly recommend this tour to every who can ride a bike.

2  Thank janetnn_13
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Recently took a bicycle tour with Steve and it was great. Steve's warm, friendly personality combined with his first hand knowledge of Newport made the two hour trip greatly enjoyable. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone, as it is in my opinion the best way to take in the sights of Newport. No need to worry about parking spots or getting lost among the winding streets- just hop on a bike and let Steve lead the way.

2  Thank Jose S
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was a fun way to discover Newport. Even though it was very hot, Steve (our guide and also a school teacher) managed to keep the children (14,13 and 11) interested through fun facts about the history of Newport but also its architecture. We ended up with a picnic under the shade as the kids did not want to swim. The best thing about Steve is how friendly and accommodating he is. I recommend this tour to anyone with teenagers.

1  Thank Rooneysandco
See more reviews
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My niece and I thoroughly enjoyed our bike tour of Newport. Our tour guide Steve was very knowledgable and took us to historical places in the city that no one would ever find on their own. We of course went to the known side of town as well, namely the mansions and the cliff walk and even dipped our toes in the ocean. Our tour was supposed to last 2 hours but Steve took the extra time to bring us down to the wharf area and show us around and point out different restaurants we might want to have dinner at. Our time with Steve lasted 2 1/2 hours. He carried our water in a fanny pack as the bikes had no cages (bottle holders). The ride was very easy and leisurely. Don't forget the sunscreen if it is a sunny day!

1  Thank Ann E K B