“Unprepared”
Review of The Landing

The Landing
Ranked #68 of 233 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Unprepared”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We attended a pre-wedding party at the Landing and while we were initially charmed by the lovely maritime decor and the wonderful view we left wondering if the management and staff realised that they were hosting a bride and bridegroom to be on the night before their wedding. Unattentive is an understatement.
The food was very hit-and-miss. Appertisers of chicken wings and stuffies were strangely tasteless, but the tuna main course was good. The wrong steak arrived for one of our party and then took 45 minutes to be replaced with the correct order.
Drinks in the noisy fun downstairs bar were entertaining but we won't be rushing back.

• Visited August 2012

barry island uk
“lovely spot on the water”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

went here when the boat show was on , so they were a little busy, but a really nice location. staff were ok, probably would have been a lot better if they weren't so busy

• Visited September 2012
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Most enjoyable Dinner!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Landing saved us since we walked out of a previous reservation with a dinner cruise that went sour. They did their best to seat us inside and we were a group of 14 people! Our meals were delicious and the help was very accomodating. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Newport! I am from RI and I would not hesitate to come back again.

Visited September 2012
Philadelphia
“Pretty good lobster roll and beer. That's about it.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stopped in for lunch. I can imagine that there are much better places around for a lobster. Pretty average, nothing special.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank nolantho
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great view, Average lunch.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We were seated immediately, upstairs, outside with a great view of the water. You really cannot beat the view. My lobster bisque was good (a bit lacking on the meat though). I had the lobster mac & cheese, while there was a good helping of meat in it and the cheese was tasty, I'm not sure I liked the tomato base to it. The tomato sauce kind of took away from the flavor of the cheese/lobster. I found myself picking around it but overall was satisfied with it. I probably wouldn't get it again though. My husband had a chicken wrap that he said was just average. Our service was quite slow and not very attentive, especially when we were ready to go. There was live music which was nice to have in the background, good atmosphere. We will probably try another restaurant for lunch next time but I would still say this place is good enough to come back to as well.

Visited September 2012