“Lobster pie: WOW!”

The Port Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #57 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Full service restaurant and bar with Harbor views and live entertainment on weekends.
west central Georgia
“Lobster pie: WOW!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I like to try local foods when I travel, and I like $16.95 specials! The day a friend and I ate here, stuffed lobster tails were also an option, so I asked the waitress for guidance since I'm not familiar with eating lobster. She described the lobster pie as her favorite "comfort food" so I gave it a try. YUM! It does, as described, come with mushrooms. . .lots of mushrooms, so I ate some but made sure to pick through and eat all of the lobster meat! My friend had the prime rib and said that it was very good--one of the best she has had. I just know that I came home wondering how to make lobster pie! The waiters were all friendly. The view is quite nice. I would go here again for this same $16.95 special!

• Visited July 2013

New York
“Might Return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our experience was just average but it might be worth going back assuming we could change a few things. We sat on the patio on a nice Sunday early evening. There was a singer/guitar player who wasn't bad, but it just seemed too loud for the small area. There was also a noisy fan which added to the noise level. If we had been seated in the row of tables closer to the water, we could have enjoyed the view, but even though there was an empty table there, they seated us on the inside row of tables, so the water view was pretty much blocked. Service was excellent but my scallops were kind of mushy inside. I might go back and try something else to eat, and go later in the day towards sunset and sit at the small tables that face the water.. oh and go when there is no music playing if possible. But that might not work because when the singer took a break, loud music from their speakers took over. The beautiful and calming water view (if you can get one) seemed disturbed by the noise. Quieter music would be perfect in that setting.

• Visited July 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Group Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I work at a local University and frequently we come into Newport for dinners when we host meetings. I live in downtown Newport and come here occasionally for drinks. The Port is probably one of a handful of restaurants in Newport, that is RIGHT on the water. The views and sunsets are awesome and there's tons of seating overlooking the water. I worked with Bill and they offered me a great pre fixe menu for my participants. Everyone loved the food, especially the lobster dinner! The service was great and everyone was so nice and attentive. I came here twice with friends during the July 4 weekend and it was so fun. The mudslides and Long Islands are delish!

• Visited June 2013
Candia, New Hampshire
“Only drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went there almost everyday for a drink since it was next door to the Inn we stayed at. Excellent Margaritas and they even have Moscow Mules. Brought back memories of my mom and aunts sipping those on hot summer afternoons.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Cyndy U
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Affordable, hidden waterfront gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife, daughter and I happened to be staying above this hard to find waterfront restaurant, whose entrances are either from the hotel garage or the boardwalk waterfront. Parking is not immediately adjacent to the restaurant. We were attracted by the Sunday night 4-7 happy hour half price appetizers and $16.95 lobster pot pie and prime rib specials, with a free glass of house wine. So even though the restaurant didn't appear on our top recommendations lists, we tried it. What a gem! We experimented with quite a few dishes, and all were plentiful and perfectly prepared: lobster mac & cheese appetizer, fish taco appetizer, mexican pizza appetizer, fresh bluepoint oysters on the half shell, prime rib, lobster pot pie and grilled salmon with sweet chili glaze and avocado salsa. Value is especially good during happy hour and on specials. On a drizzling evening, we sat at a waterfront table with a clear tarp protecting us from the rain yet providing us with a great view of the harbor with setting sun (when visible!). Outdoor seating is available on nice days. The wait staff and other employees were extremely friendly and accommodating--taking care of our several special requests rapidly and courteously. Live entertainment in season entertainment, Thursday through Sunday. Overall, this is a restaurant right in the center of town which should be high on your recommended restaurant lists.

• Visited May 2013