“Fabulous location”

Ranked #60 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant and bar with Harbor views and live entertainment on weekends.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great view on the water. Wonderful service. So happy to see this great location taken over by capable Owners. Wish they had more lunch choices, Dinner was good

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hard to find from the street, luckily we spotted this restaurant from the Harbor Shuttle earlier in the day. This is an open air restaurant with a raw seafood bar and a half price happy hour. Views of the sunset on the harbor were so pretty. Very much a Newport experience.
The Port has two $15 specials, prime rib and stuffed lobster. The entrees came with a vegetable and choice of starch, also rolls and tasty corn bread. The place we had dinner the night before charged for bread and vegetables. Come on! Service was friendly and professional. The perfect spot to spend a beautiful summer evening.

2  Thank Kathy Z
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went to the port a couple weeks ago with my husband and had a wonderful evening. Our food was delicious, we had oysters from the raw bar and a order of steamed mussels to start. I had the scallops, while my husband had the lobster pie, both were very good.

A band was playing and we stayed around after eating to watch them perform. There were quite a few people, but we didnt feel crowded at all! The band was great and we had a wonderfull time.

I would recommend this place to someone looking to have a great meal and enjoy a fun night out on the town.

1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spent a couple of days in Newport and found ourselves at this grill twice for quick bites and drinks between sightseeing. The clamcakes were great! Service was great! View was great!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My friends and I ate at The Port a couple weeks ago and can't wait to go back ! The food was awesome with great portions, the staff was friendly and accomodating, above and beyond. The atmosphere is very comfortable with an unbelievable view right on the water. The prices are very reasonable compared to most places in Newport and the overall experience is one not to be missed by tourists or locals. The entertainment was alot of fun and the drinks are a generous pour. The menu has something for everyone and you wont leave hungry ! We took advantage of the half price appetizers and raw bar, to die for ! We also had the prime rib and lobster special which you can't find anywhere for the quality and price. The seafood and raw bar was the freshest and tastiest I have ever had ! The best overall experience I have ever had in all of the many restaurants that I frequent often. I will be a "regular" for sure.