Wyndham Inn on Long Wharf
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$246
Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
$305
$263
  • Restaurant
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$399
$289
$595
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$650
$645
Travelocity
All reviewsliving roomtime sharewashington streetfull size refrigeratordaily roomvacation resortstove toppicture windowburner cooktoplobster shackspecial shoutshort walkmini kitchenan indoor outdoor poolgranite countersgalley kitchenwalking distance from everything
Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you want a room with a view and enjoy newport's sunset from your room!...this is the place to stay in newport...you just have to cross the street to get to the pool (really not a big deal crossing the street!) at wyndham long wharf. Free parking is a plus considering there's a fee for parking all over newport...I felt it was better staying at the inn

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We loved this place - My husband grew up in RI, and took me to newport for my first time 2 years ago in september and i fell in love! We stayed at this hotel and LOVED IT! we were in the building that looks like a warehouse on the pier, accross from the whydham hotel. You have full access to the indoor and outdoor pools and the main hotel. Parking is under the building. All of the views in the rooms are of the water! Its a long room. Walk into the bedroom, through a door into the bathroom, with a huge tub, then continue into the living room and kitchen. I dont cook while away, but it was a nice little kitchen with everything you need to cook a fresh caught lobster meal! Room was clean and had a nice view. It was chilly at night, but we walked over to the hotel to use the pools, both very nice! Little lounge with a fireplace by the pool! Also got us reservations for a lobster dinner at the marriot with buy one get one free!! it was awesome! I have tried to stay there again on our other trips to newport and its been booked up! Great place and would stay again and again! You can walk to all the attractions from here!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angelcutiemh
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I just took our 10 month old daughter on her first vacation and stayed at the Inn on Long Wharf. For us, the hotel was exactly what we wanted. The seperate living room and bedroom allowed us to put our daughter to sleep, but yet stay up, eat dinner and relax.

The views were absolutely amazing, looking right out onto the water and having a view of the sunset each night was awesome. With a young child the kitchen allowed us to bring her foot, w/o any problems.

The Inn is across the street from the main hotel, where you check in so that does get a little confusing, but its literally a 2 minute walk so its not a big deal. The pool and other amenities are across the street as well, but if this were a bigger hotel, the travel would be the same from a top floor.

There is no daily housekeeping, so be prepared for that, which again, is not really a big deal. You can always request fresh towels.

We requested a pack and play and high chair, which were supposed to be in our room at check in but were not. But when I called the front desk, w/in 10 minutes they were there.

This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but you get what you pay for, and for us, it was a great trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lkat75
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The LONG WHARF INN NEWPORT CONDO DOES NOT Look Like The Condo picture on the website!!
I Wanted TO CANCEL my reservation 2 HOURS after I made it and was told I COULD NOT.
I was told from the reservationist there was a balcony in the condo..THERE WAS NOT!
I was told from the reservationist there was a roof top deck. The roof top deck was run down with 4 torn fabric & faded plastic lounge chairs.
The windows in the main lobby / elevator area AND condo unit were HORRIBLY DIRTY. The fixed window inside the condo was FILTHY with a child handprint of sticky food on the glass. There was also Dried food was on the floor and window sill. The tv's were outdated and both remote controls did NOT work. The front desk clerk gave us a packet at check in BUT DID NOT inform us of coupons for an art-boat event {AS WE DID GO TO} and PAYED FULL PRICE. The front desk clerk did Not know proper directions to the main attractions of the popular Newport mansions in the area. There were too many problems with this property. I also was mislead from the booking agent and website photo. This condo was NOT worth the price @ $278.00 ..PER NIGHT. I suggest spending a few EXTRA dollars for the luxury and beauty of a Newport Inn or hotel in a DIFFERENT resort.. I WISH I DID!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Traveler1323
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We had a 1 bedroom right on the wharf overlooking the lobster fisherman. The unit was adequate for 2 adults. The kitchen did not have a stove, but did have a cooktop and all the other kitchen needs. The A/C was located in the front part sitting area and really didn't cool the sleeping area in the rear. everything was clean and the staff was helpful. The location was great. You could walk to the visitors center and all the nearby restaurants and attractions. We were very pleased with the facility. We swapped this for our timeshare.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family