I stayed at the Chanler in early October in one of the Ocean Villas. While the room and hotel are beautiful I had some issues with the service. The staff was very uptight and rigid. The interactions seemed almost forced and left me feeling uncomfortable. I also overheard a few guests bringing similar issues to the attention of the rooms manager and she seemed to respond that they knew what good service was and the guests just mistook formality for rudness. I like to feel welcome at a hotel and the Chanler made me feel like I needed to walk on egg shells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport