Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$205
$295
$251
Newport Marriott(Newport)
$349
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
$279
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
$279
$212
$765
$599
$655
All reviewsspiced pearcar servicecliff walkgothic roomprivate hot tubocean villalouis xvigreek revivalenglish tudorglass of sparkling winemartha's vineyardblock islandprivate courtyardmy husband and ibeautiful hotelgas fireplacewet bar
Reviewed September 13, 2005

I stayed at the Chanler and loved it. As an avid traveler who has been to many hotels, this is far and away one of the best. I love the location (over looking the Ocean), the service (stellar) and the restaurant (delicious beyond compare). I look forward to returning. Oh, and don't forget to do the Cliff Walk which is just out the back door of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank Go17811
Reviewed September 13, 2005

My husband and I spent an amazing two days at The Chanler last weekend. As world travelers, we have stayed at many luxurious hotels. The Chanler, without a doubt, exceeds all. Upon arrival, we were welcomed by the friendly bellmen, who unexpectedly knew us by name and escorted us into the hotel. We were then greeted at the front desk with a glass of champagne and given a quick tour of the gorgeous property. We stayed in the Nantucket Ocean Villa. Although the inside was a bit smaller than the suites we normally stay in, the ocean views and the decor were spectacular. We had excellent service during our stay as well. The front desk staff arranged a sail, as well as all of our dinner reservations for us. Our first trip to Newport was better than we ever expected. I can't wait to return to Newport and our next stay at The Chanler.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank Paradise22774
Reviewed September 12, 2005

Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed September 4, 2005

• Stayed: September 2005
Reviewed August 17, 2005

I cannot believe after waiting so long to come here that this place is so bad. I had heard so many good things about this place and its food. None of them were correct. It is a lovely setting but that only can make up for so much.

A new chef and a new mgmt team made for the worst weekend ever. The food was poor quality and high prices. Nothing was cooked properly. Service was an equal dissapointment. Took forever, didnt have most of the wines on the list, no one cared if you were happy or not and no one was happy working there.

Rooms were dirty and dusty. Noisy. A cleaning lady came in while my wife was dressing and made no appology. Then another did the same the next day.

Who is training these people? No attention was given at the desk. The manager never answered calls regarding this. No one attempted to make ammends or even say they were sorry. Just alot of excuses like we have a new chef. The managers are new. Things are in transition. If thats the case, lower your prices and tell us before we book. Call all your guest who have made reservations under the premiss that the food and service are world class and tell us they arent. To me this is false advertising and unprofessional to say the least.

I will tell everyone about this terrible experience. Given my stay was not the exception as I spoke with other guests on the terrace waiting for drinks, I dont think they will be here much longer

• Stayed: August 2005