“Awesome tour!”

Access Tours Newport
Ranked #37 of 57 Tours in Newport
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ed Brassard gave us a wonderful tour of Newport. We spent an entire afternoon together and it was wonderful! I highly recommend taking his tour. Especially on your first day there so that you get a feel for the area and where you want to spend more time.

Nancy H.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We took this tour on Sunday, July 21. Ed picked us up at 1:30 and dropped us off at about 5:001 I wish I had recorded the tour! The info was fantastic. He knows the area so well that it is scary! We went back to several places we would not have gone to had we not taken the tour. We learned so much about Newport history and got a great feel for the area. If you don't do anything else in Newport, take this tour!!!

1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Last Friday evening, our extended family took the Newport tour with Access Newport. It was as promised, a mixture of architecture, history and society talk. Our guide, Ed Brassard, was very knowledgeable and knew the full details of each home that we viewed. Our family is from neighboring Massachusetts and have been to Newport many times. But we saw and learned about many other historic residences in Newport that we did not know existed. Ed was very professional and we enjoyed the way he patiently went from area to area. I would endorse having Ed give a tour to all those who want to learn much more about the lovely city of Newport, RI.

1  Thank Bill K
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just returned from vacationing in Newport.Access Tours {our guide was Ed} gave a very interesting tour of the historic houses in the historic district.Ed new a lot of history of the houses and their owners.
We toured Newport for 3 hours .
This company is under new ownership as of May 2013....do not let previous reviews sway you.

1  Thank susanml47
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had six women who signed up for the Cliff Walk walking tour which was supposed to include 1 1/2 miles of walking with information on the mansions we passed. Our guide was overweight and tired and talked so much that we only went a few blocks. He also bullied us into a larger tip saying that the $55.00 tip we had given him was not nearly enough. Very bad experience and none of us will ever recommend this organization to our friends and family.

2  Thank Ruth L
Ed B, Owner at Access Tours Newport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

As of April 2013, Access Tours of Newport is under new ownership. In response to "Big Disappointment" I can only say that I am very sorry for your bad experience with this company. I truly understand because before acquiring this company I rode along on a tour with this particular guide to whom they are referring. He gave me a headache. He is no longer with the company. As the as the new owner, I can personally guarantee that this will never happen again.. My goal is to transform the company into one that delivers only unique, in-depth tours of Newport and adjacent southern New England area, conducted by trained. professional guides. I bring over twenty years experience in travel and tourism to the company and will work hard to make Access Tours of Newport the "Best Tour In Town". We are also in the process of redoing our web-site, which is obsolete. Thank you for reading all of this. I hope you give us a call. Newport is a wonderful city and I look forward to showing it to you. .