“Great for the price on a holiday weekend”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Great for the price on a holiday weekend”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great price for a Saturday night during a holiday weekend, about a third of the price of any other Newport Hotel. Was pleasantly surprised, Staff was great at both check in and check out. Room was newly renovated and very clean. Only complaint is that cleaning carts were left in the hallways at 11pm.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gab40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We spent two nights Easter weekend. The place is newly renovated. The walls freshly painted, the TV new and the bathroom new. I really like the wood floor as opposed to carpet. The bed was nice and comfortable and the pillows nice and cushy. It's pet friendly and there is a Walmart and Super Stop & Shop right next door. Can't complain about that.

I give this place a 4, as compared to other budget hotels. It was clean and comfortable, and the staff nice and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ccompola
Sydney
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Not the greatest hotel in which I have every stayed, but of course it is budget. The room was clean. The TV and a light did not work, but to be fair the manager got the TV working, which was nice. A bit of attention to the garden out the front would not be that hard, I think, and may make the place look a whole lot nicer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nemothelonely
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and I had a 6 week vacation driving through 12 US states in Oct and Nov this year. Our road-trip kicked off in Boston and Newport, RI was our first destination. We checked into the Motel 6 at Newport and it was our very first experience of an establishment in the said motel chain.

Being a Motel 6, we more or less knew what to expect - a basic, unpretentious, roof-over-the-head place to sleep. And I am glad to say this Motel 6 met those expectations completely and more.

After many accommodation establishments along the way including other Motel 6s, I can speak with some authority that not all Motel 6s are the same. We presume that they are, simply because they belong to the said chain.

However our experience is that they differ greatly. Admittedly they are all meant to be simple, back-to-basic accommodation and nothing more. But the experience changes dramatically when a guest is welcomed by smiles, or if the building is well cleaned or newer, or simply where it is located near a busy highway or otherwise.

Additionally the type of guests which typically stay at a particular Motel 6 can make your stay good or bad. As an example, the Motel 6 at Cranberry/Mars (Pittsburgh PA) was horrid with lots of truckies. I have absolutely nothing against our valued truckies, but all night long, trucks were either pulling in or out and hence we had a very poor nights sleep. This made driving the next day a chore.

The Motel 6 Newport, RI is a great place to stay and we will not hesitate to stay again. Yes it was next to a main road but we were not bothered by it at all. There is shopping and diners nearby.

I am giving this Motel 6 a 4-rating, not as any suggestion of motel star-classification, but as a reflection that it does what it is supposed to really well. A thumbs up!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank skis-gitz
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Bed bugs, bed bugs, bed bugs! Need I say more! I checked in on a Frdiay night, because of this location. I usually don't stay at a Motel 6, but I was very tired and it was convenient to where I had to go. I did check the room, but I didn't see the bed bug until I checked out and found one in my bag at the airport~

Room Tip: Motel 6 - Newport #1219 SR 114 at Coddington Highway 249 JT Connell Highway Newport, RI 02840 (4...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank FDJ01
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013

Travelers are raving about these Newport hotels

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding on Labor Day weekend. We thought the price was right at $79.00 night when we booked on-line. Of course we get there, see the sign lit up outside, and the price is now $99.00. They tell us on check-in that the price is higher due to the holiday weekend. The price at the Newport Marriott where the wedding was held was $249.00/night.
We walk into the Motel 6 tiny lobby, and it did'nt smell clean.
The pros...It is within walking distance to shopping center( Wal-Mart etc), the room had a microwave, and refrigerator.Also the ice machine down the hall worked fine.
The cons... I feel like I was in the projects. The rooms are tiny, the TV did not work that well, and there is no shampoo given.NO room safe. The bathroom is small( toilet, and shower). Outside was a small sink.One side of the hotel has a storage facility, and across the street is a city waste water/sewer treatment facility. The bed linens were NOT plush, and the beds not comfortable.
The lesson learned is that you really do get what you pay for. I should have spent the extra and stayed at a better motel.hotel. There are so many in the area. Your better off sleeping in you car, then staying at this dive.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joncran1
manchester
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading all the reviews I was a little concerned since I was going with friends and very small children. Over all a decent place, room was ok and clean. Motel was in a nice location with Wal-Mart and Stop and Shop 2 min walk. We had no problems with the staff or the noise level. The weekend was great so we just used the room for sleeping.
We will be back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dijana78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center
Travelodge Middletown Newport Area
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Newport Ambassador Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Middletown - Newport
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport

Been to Motel 6 Newport? Share your experiences!