“A delightful respite”

Bellevue Manor
Bellevue Manor
Ranked #74 of 96 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We spent two nights here. Originally we reserved a room in the Brinley but Robin upgraded us to the Manor (113). I had read some reviews that made me a little wary but was pleasantly treated and the room was great. The breakfast buffet was very good and everyone working in both buildings was very friendly. Monique gave us helpful guidance regarding dining choices and was ready to make reservations had we chosen to make them. Although there was a little street noise, the place is in the center of town on a busy main street after all, there was no noise from within the building to disturb us. Paul was on duty the morning we checked out, a very nice gentleman who's running a great accommodation. We would gladly return if we get the chance for another romantic visit to lovely Newport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JimBob1100

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Enjoyed 3 nights over a holiday weekend in which the Bellevue and its 3 connected inns were full. Yet the service was excellent, breakfast convenient and plentiful and room very clean. The location on Bellevue Ave is central. The Bellevue Manor was recently renovated. The breakfast menu was the same all 3 mornings but offered variety and was fresh; it was delightful to enjoy breakfast outside on the Manor's front porch. The breakfast staff really tried hard to please, our only negative was that the quiche each day was mainly inedible and we were not the only guests to make that observation. Otherwise, kudos to Paul the manager and the cleaning staff for making this a wonderful value.

Room Tip: Room 119 is a lovely corner room that enjoys sunlight, has a King Bed and sitting area. The junior s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fancy02116
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I would first like to say that I was very hesitant to stay at this bed and breakfsat after reading some bad reviews on this site. Some people complained about the lack of service and about cleanliness. Some people also complained of having their rooms moved upon checkin at the property. Please understand that there are four bed and breakfasts under the name "Inns of Bellevue". They are all within several hundred feet of each other. We stayed in the Bellvevue Manor, which is their most upscale and most recently remodeled house. Since I was concerned that our room would be moved upon checkin, which I did not want to happen, I called Paul, who is the owner and manager of this group of properties. He promised that our room would not be moved, and explained that he did this sometimes to best accomodate other guests. Well, upon our arrival, we were notified that we were going to be moved since there was an ornery gentleman in the room next to where we were going to stay who complained about children from the night before. They would up upgrading our room to the third floor suite, with two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and bath with a toilet and a sink, and another bath which contained a jucuzzi tub and a huge tiled, walk-in shower with a steamer inside. Wow! We were pleasantly and happily surprised.

The room was very spacious, and clean. I am a germaphobe, so I was set at ease upon seeing how clean the room was. The only issue I had was the the beds were a little hard for our liking, but then again, I am used to sleeping on a memory foam matress, so I guess anything would seem hard compared with that.

Breakfast that was included in the room rate was awesome. The website says that there is a continental breakfast, but they served a full hot breakfast, which was great! Each day, there was a buffet of blueberry pancakes, french toast, ham and asparagus quiche, warm sliced ham, bagels, croissants, muffins, fruit cups, yogurt, freshly ground coffee, tea, juices, milk, etc. It was very impressive! And it was very nice sitting by the large windows looking out on the town..Even our 4 year old son enjoyed the breakfast.
Paul and Robin were great, very helpful and accomodating. Even after we left, I discovered that I left my phone charger in the room, Paul said no problem, he is sending it back.

This bed and breakfast is very reasonable. $165 per night. If you stay 3 nights, you get the third night 1/2 off. If you stay 4 nights you get the 4th night free. So our three night four day stay totaled around $455 with tax, including the breakfast. We have been to many, many bed and breakfasts over the past 10 years, and the Bellevue Manor was among the best value while still getting a great, clean room, solid service, and a beautiful breakfast, for a great price.

Thanks Paul and Robin!

Room Tip: The upstairs suite on the thrid floor is great for a family!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I just returned from a two night stay in Bellevue Manor. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and made good dining recommendations. The inn is minutes away from the mansions, beaches, dining and shopping areas. This is my favorite place to stay in Newport!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kbrunet
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a two day romantic get away.we found this great little b and b in Newport ri .we took a shot and it was great everything you look for in a little European type room .i thought we were in Europe again. The room the bed even the flowers outside .it is just walking distance from everywhere you want to go in Newport .we can't wait to go back in august .

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Pzito52863
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hubby and I took a few days for a romantic getaway and staying at the manor was the best part of our trip! It was spotless and very spacy! I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the room was with a seating area and oversized bed! The owners and staff were extremely friendly! Cannot wait to go back!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie Z
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My boyfriend & I traveled to Newport together for the first time & I chose the hotel. The room at Bellevue Manor was not huge but enough space to stretch out with a separate sitting area. I LOVED the bathroom! It was nice & quiet at night. The woman at the reception desk was so nice & very helpful. We'll probably be going back in the fall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple