“Fantastic!!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Clarke Street & Thame Street
Description: Our outstanding simply sumptuous restaurant, Muse, has earned myriad awards and accolades since its opening in 2011. With a strong focus on what it takes to be a leading restaurant in Newport, Rhode Island, Muse has a loyal following amongst residents of New England in addition to the gourmet guests. Muse is open daily for dinner, with service commencing at 6pm and running later on weekends. This awarded hotel restaurant is an echo of the bygone era in which dinner was the centerpiece of the day and Newport social scene. The dining room itself reflects this style with period features contributing to a freshly modern and inviting aesthetic.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had the best dinner at Muse. I wish we could go back there right now, it was perfect in every way. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere is upscale and classic, and the service is great. The cocktails are creative too. We were blessed to have Babs as our waitress, and she made the evening complete. Everything about this restaurant is top notch. I highly recommend.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Muse had been recommended to us by our innkeeper so we chose this lovely place to celebrate our wedding day!! The restaurant is small and very elegant. Beautiful original artwork on the walls, spectacular iron "artwork" chandeliers, large fireplace with a roaring fire, and impeccable service. We chose the 4 course prix fix menu ($85pp) with it's many yummy and creative choices. Each course was masterfully plated and served, the flavors were perfectly melded and, again, the service was wonderful. We were surprised after each course with a small "extra" course...pre-dessert, after-dessert, after-after-dessert. 2 1/2 hours later we headed home happy and with a pampered feeling that only comes from well orchestrated service and impeccable cuisine. Would highly recommend. By the way, their classic martini was excellent!!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We also ordered from the prix fixe menu and we both were not happy at all. There was so little food in each plating that when I left I was hungry, I went back to my hotel room which lucky for me has a full kitchen and had food that was in the frig from earlier that day. To spend about $300.00 for 2 and walk away hungry is just not right. I had the steamed lobster. There was 5 peices with a dot of sauce and 2 peices of some kind of vegy. The lobster was mushy. We will never return to The Muse again, and would never suggest this restaurant to anyone. Extremely over rated. $85.00 per prix fixe is just wrong.. Got about $5.00 worth of food if best.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a romantic meal fireside. I chose a beef dish, which melted in your mouth. Decor was beautiful and the wait staff fantastic. Our server, who was a local, was super friendly and was able to provide us with tips of places to check out while we were in Newport

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Simply one of the best meals you will have in your life! From the food ,drinks and amazing staff, it is worth every penny! Do not go here if you want a burger or fried clams. This restaurant offers a culinary experience that will expand your palette. This is a place where you taste your food, not just eat it. The chef offers wonderful dishes that fuse traditional Newport fare with the eclectic touches. Everytime I have gone , the entire staff has made you feel incredibly welcome and special, down to the cocktail your order. They truely prepare a personalized evening for you. Let them know if its a special occasion. I was married in Newport and had my first meal as husband and wife was at Muse. I cannot think of any where else I would rather go for future anniversaries. I have been coming to Newport annually for 34 years and I can say with great certainty that Muse is one of Newport's best restaurants!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant