“Craving crepes!”
Review of La Maison De Coco - CLOSED

La Maison De Coco
Cuisines: French
Description: This was a lovely find just down the street from the La Farge Perry B&B, where we stayed, and across the street from The Viking Hotel. Don't let the small storefront appearance fool you. The proprietor and pastry chef, Michele De Luca-Verley, is a perfectionist in every sense of the word. Her chocolate truffles are an absolutely sensual experience. Her madeleines are biscotti are light, airy, and delicious. Iced coffee is more than merely iced coffee. She froths it in a blender, taking an ordinary beverage and transforming it with that deceptively simple touch into something that will probably have me making it that way for the rest of my life. When she prepares a box of pastries or chocolates for you to take with you, she wraps your purchase with great attention to detail, ties it off with a ribbon, and seals it with sealing wax. Even if you are not in the vicinity, you owe yourself a visit to 28 Bellvue Ave. for a delightful touch of continental excellence. Just avoid the insufferable wine snob next door.
Chicago, Illinois
“Craving crepes!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Went in to try the deservedly highly recommended scones and added ginger crepes to our cafe au lait! Could not have had a more delightful late breakfast! Tempted by every tasty treat that emerged from the kitchen! Will be back tomorrow, glad we found it early in our stay.

Bergen County New Jersey
“Get the Scones!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stopped in here after arriving in Newport, looking for a light breakfast. We ordered a brunch type crepe and scones, along with coffee and tea. The scones (lemon) were delicious and the crepe, served with a small side salad was fantastic. Menu items are explained as are the beverage choices by a very friendly and delightful staff. It is a very small cafe, with only a few seats at the two counters, so not much room. Only negative with this delightful place. I do wish I had purchased some scones to bring home with me!

Visited August 2012
NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The chef/owner, Michelle, will be a star nationwide!!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

They have the best dark roast coffee. I have been craving for their coffee since I tried. The scones are amazing. Definitely the BEST find in Newport. We read about this place but didn't go have a try until we were leaving Newport that morning. Otherwise, I would ONLY have my breakfast there EVERYDAY. The owner is very friendly and the restaurant is extremely clean. You can tell the owner, Michelle, loves her job and I believe she will be a HUGE star nationwide! I visited La Maison De Coco website and hoped that she deliver her scones, chocolates, coffee, etc to NYC but she dose not do online order. She definitely should look into this. I only been there once but am a loyal customers already!!

1 Thank Sabrina C
Stonington, Ct.
“A Sweet Spot in More Than One Way”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

While visiting Newport for a conference recently, my wife and I walked across the street to visit La Maison de Coco. Before I go any further please understand that Chocolate is really not my favorite thing but that's really not the point. They have other wonderful options. The very sweet and well trained staff was very good at explaining that they were a Chocolate Cafe..but wait there's more. Although we didn't have the ginger carrot soup, after hearing another patron rave about it, we wish we had. We did have their crepes and they were everything we thought they would be. The owner, Michele, couldn't have been more warm, sincere and appreciative and if she ever turns up missing, check our house. She was delightful and we'll be back. This was a nice treat for us during an otherwise busy weekend.

2 Thank REPE3
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
“Tea meets chocolate”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Tea meets chocolate as this charming spot. They've got homemade truffles and rich hot chocolate based upon flavors you'd normally find only in tea. The staff is lovely and patient as you puzzle over your choices. Nice spot for an afternoon sweet fix.

1 Thank grmomof2