“Great place!”
Review of La Maison De Coco - CLOSED

La Maison De Coco
Cuisines: French
Description: This was a lovely find just down the street from the La Farge Perry B&B, where we stayed, and across the street from The Viking Hotel. Don't let the small storefront appearance fool you. The proprietor and pastry chef, Michele De Luca-Verley, is a perfectionist in every sense of the word. Her chocolate truffles are an absolutely sensual experience. Her madeleines are biscotti are light, airy, and delicious. Iced coffee is more than merely iced coffee. She froths it in a blender, taking an ordinary beverage and transforming it with that deceptively simple touch into something that will probably have me making it that way for the rest of my life. When she prepares a box of pastries or chocolates for you to take with you, she wraps your purchase with great attention to detail, ties it off with a ribbon, and seals it with sealing wax. Even if you are not in the vicinity, you owe yourself a visit to 28 Bellvue Ave. for a delightful touch of continental excellence. Just avoid the insufferable wine snob next door.
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Great place!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Great chocolate! Michelle, the shop keeper, is delightful!

Visited March 2012

Holliston, Massachusetts
“C'est Magnifique”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I thought I was in Paris. Delectable crepes and delicious hot chocolate! Merci beaucoup to owner, Michele de Luca-Verley.

• Visited January 2012
Somerset, Massachusetts
“A gotta go to cafe”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Located on Bellevue Ave., opposite the Hotel Viking in Newport, RI, this cafe is a place you must visit.
We went for a quick lunch. We had squash soup and salad and crepes and a salad. We shared these dishes. They were fresh, delicious, beautifully presented dishes. We followed with caramel coco for "desert".
French deliciousness is all around. Pastry, and chocolates, coffee, tea, coco in different flavors are available.
If you have memories of a cafe in Paris, go to La Mison De Coco and you will be there.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Barbara M
Newport, RI
“Stalking the Ginger Scones!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I fell in love with these ginger scones a few months ago and I keep coming back for more and will continue to do so so long as they make them.
They are absolutely delicious and I also love their chocolate truffles, the caramel being my favorite.
The store is beautiful and very clean and the staff is always very pleasant and friendly!
I believe that I also met the owner today when I went in today when I was taking a break from painting. She was very kind.

• Visited November 2011
Butler, New Jersey
“Very Good”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Cafe Ole was excellent - the owner was very nice and the madelines we delicious.

Visited September 2011