“TSK-wonderful!”

Dining options: Reservations
NJ
“TSK-wonderful!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We heard many good things about the food at TSK. We were not disappointed. I had the skirt steak with fingerling potatoes and sunflower pesto(the only way I can describe it),and my husband had the chicken with lemon confit. Both were delicious. The chicken took a bit to cook, but the bread they served while we waited was perfect. The only drawback, if you can call it that, was that they didn't have 'regular' soft drinks. I ended up with the Ginger Beer, but I really could have used the caffeine. I guess since it's a BYOB, people aren't too concerned with that. Other than that, it was the best meal we had in Newport since we've been coming( 15 years or so). Can't wait to return to try something new.

• Visited July 2014

Newport, Rhode Island
“Great and innovative yet classic”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner here last night and was absolutely pleased. The beef tar tar was delicious and the duck rillette with crustini and pickled rhubarb melted in your mouth. I elected for the fried chicken which was great and I was able to try the steak which was Cooked to perfection. The dishes where modern in plating and creativity yet classic to old school French and European flavors. I strongly recommend this restaurant to people who appreciate fine cuisine.

Madrid
“Enchanted dinner!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great place to have a nice and cozy dinner. The food is excelent, asked for the lobster, the fluke and the tuna crudo. The staff is really nice and they can explain everything in detail.

They are part of the BYOB movement and it was a great experience, we had a nice white wine that went along perfectly with the food we've ordered. And for dessert don't miss the homemade home donuts, just delicious!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank IbiM
New York
“Still my favorite Newport restaurant”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

TSK is for "foodies" - locavores who appreciate ingenuity and small miracles. It's a little pricey but every detail about the food is well executed. Other reviews complained, but we love the cheese plate - it is for TASTING novel flavor combinations, not for gorging on cheese and crackers. The fried chicken is so good it is now on the menu permanently. The fresh bread is divine. Everything is always cooked to perfection. Notice the seasonal foods and look for the little details about each meal that set this establishment apart. The limited menu is never a problem because everything is so good. The place is BYOB, and we were allowed to BYOBirthday Cake, which I thought was very nice of them. Usually we hope they have their home-made mint chocolate chip ice cream, and of course the warm doughnuts and warm cookies. Cons: the room is hot, and if people are drunk it does get loud. The corkage fee seems high but maybe it's normal. You will definitely need a reservation!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank BookMD
Farmington, Connecticut
“Unique locavore experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Although TSK is somewhat out of the way from downtown Newport, it is well worth the trip to sample the unique local food combinations. We started our dinner with hot homemade bread and a cheese plate accompanied by honeycomb and a unique fruit jelly. Our entrée was an excellently prepared rib eye steak fillet accompanied by broccoli rabe and a fresh wild greens salad. We finished with a dessert of rich homemade chocolate fudge ice cream. Reservations are a must at TSK since seating is limited. The restaurant is also BYOB and entrees change on a regular basis. If you're in the area, be sure to try this unique Newport dining experience!

Visited June 2014