“Pure Food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Pure Food!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to TSK with a group of 8 girls to celebrating an upcoming wedding. Our server was extremely knowledgable and attentive. The food was out of this world. Everyone loved it! We chose a selection of appetizers to share which included the lobster salad, beet/rhubarb salad and crudo. They were very flexible with certain dietary requests (ie: vegetarian, dairy and gluten free). All of our entrees were also fantastic! Not any ounce of food left on any of our plates. The BYOB option is a great feature as well.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Unfortunate”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have been to this restaurant numerous times and love the food (it is actually one of our favorite places in Newport). However, after our experience last night we may not return. We made an early reservation and had our meal. We were finishing our wine and enjoying our evening out when we were asked to move to another table because they needed our table for other reservations. While we were willing to move so that other patrons could have a table (we do realize it is a small place), we were completely ignored after we moved...we had to constantly flag down wait staff to get water and I would have loved a coffee but no one would even acknowledge us because they obviously wanted us to leave to clear room for other guest. We had already paid over $100 tab last night and should never have been "run" out of our place. We were more than accommodating to their request by moving tables, which we did not have to do, and then were completely ignored to further rush us out of the establishment. I understand that they need to turn tables to make $$ but I had paid more than enough for the time slot I had reserved and will not return to a place that treats its patrons in this rude manner! I suggest others steer clear as well. Go to Talulah instead!

Sayulita, Mexico
“All About The Food”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I dined at the Thames Street Kitchen this week after hearing numerous positive reports. When I arrived, there was no one at the entry to greet me and I stood there and then walked into the restaurant to see if the host/hostess was just away from the door. There was/is no host. You just have to wait until one of the two servers acknowledges you and seats you.
I first ordered the special appetizer of house "smoked" salmon, "smoked" mussels, and for a $5 up charge I added fois gras. I tasted no "smoke" in either the salmon or the mussels but rather a pickled taste. This appetizer was served w/ a grilled bread that was fantastic. For my entree I ordered the Fried Chicken which consisted of two legs and a thigh. While the crust was very good the dish was not memorable.
In total, this restaurant is all about the food. My wine (which I brought) was taken from the table, opened in the kitchen and poured in the kitchen & served in a small hi ball glass. Service was satisfactory although I had to continually pour my own wine throughout my dining experience.
When you base your restaurant TOTALLY around the food the food must be memorable; it was NOT. Having tried TSK I will choose Tallulah on Thames in the future.

1 Thank Cliff C
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Next time I will have no lunch before TSK dinner”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Another Restaurant Week pick. But in this case we made the mistake of having quite late lunch and I could not fully enjoy my dinner. The chicken I had at TSK was the best roasted chicken I ever had. It was so tender and delicious. For desert I had doughnuts, which I had to take home with me and they were delicious even in the morning. The service was great, with friendly and helpful staff. TSK has this very lively and welcoming vibe. I felt good there.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank LejlaH
massachusetts
“Great new find!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We found our new favorite restaurant in Newport. BYOB,
great farm to table food, a little noisy but fun, great service.
Had soft shell crab with an Asian slaw to die for as an appetizer,
bread was really fresh , waitress was very friendly and attentive,
Chicken and scallop dinners were excellent, prices were reasonable for Newport.

Visited May 2013