“Disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Carmel, Indiana
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were very much looking forward to eating here & made reservations 4 weeks in advance. I called a week before to see if we could slightly alter our time from 7:30 to 8:00. They said "Not possible". We arrived on time for our 7:30 time- 20 minutes later, no table. It turned out to be divine intervention- we were able to realize it was HOTTER inside the restaurant than outside.
Open windows & overhead fans were incapable of keeping the inside even remotely comfortable. Hard to enjoy a meal when you are muserablely hot. We left...

Newport RI
“Great food, BYOB do not miss in Newport”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have become regulars at TSK in the past year, and it has become our ABSOLUTELY  favorite place to have an amazing meal, with great BYOB wine.  Had dinner there last night with friends after watching the chef bringing fresh fish in earlier in the day.  When I saw the striper I could not resist making reservations.  We split a delicious Picked and Cured appetizer (highly recommended) and a seared fresh tuna appetizer (delicious) and our party ordered the striper, swordfish and the lobster, which was freshly cooked, out of the shell and in a delicious light beurre blanc type sauce. Service was amazing and we were sat at one of our favorite tables where we could watch the magic happen in the kitchen.  TSK is our favorite restaurant in a neighborhood where there are a lot of options for great food nearby. Make your reservations early as I was lucky to get a reservation last minute only  because they got a cancellation just before I called.  Do not miss TSK if you visit Newport

Old Lyme, CT
“You will pay for the BYOB in the entrees”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We chose the Thames Street Kitchen because of the BYOB feature. All entrees and appetizers are overpriced, I think they are overpriced because they were making up the difference because they lack a wine list. First.... you are going to charge me for a set-up, and you give me a rocks glass for my wine. Totally unacceptable. Appetizers: I ordered a pork belly with lima beans, garlic scapes, cavatelli for $10.00. The pork rind was one inch square and there was no cavatelli in it. I brought this to the attention of our waitress and she assured me that here was cavatelli in it. Sorry...if I cannot see cavatelli ....don't put it on your menu..because it was not there. Was the App nice....yes. For $ 10.00 I expect more. Bread was served in a paper bag with butter. Anything to rave about.... No.
For dinner I ordered the lobster dish with english peas agnolotti, baby fennel, almond. This dish was fabulous with a generous portion of lobster. The baby fennel and almonds were almost nonexistent. A friend ordered the same dish and he lacked the same serving size of lobster that I had.
The other friends with us ordered the NY strip because the halibut (posted on the door) was out. Is the food good....YES. Is it overpriced...YES. Was the service great? No....Our server was quite indifferent and had no personality. Would I go there again.......No. Totally overpriced for the experience. The food was great...don't get me wrong...but I will experience the other restaurants Newport has to offer before I return.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Divinewine
beirut
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

A small menu, every item is either very good or excellent. I had an amazing pulled pork sandwich, my wife the lobster roll. The fries are great, the sandwiches delicious. I love the light, airy dining room too. Coffee was a bit of a let down, not terrible, just not up to the rest of the restaurant. Keep it up guys...

Boston
“One of Newport's Little Gems”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

After our second visit, we give this restaurant a very strong recommendation. The restaurant prepares a short menu (3-5 entrees) based entirely on organic and locally-sourced foods.

Both our meals here were terrific. The freshness of the ingredients is apparent in the flavor, and both the appetizers and entrees clearly reflect a high degree of care in their preparation. We were impressed at the level of flavor achieved with very basic ingredients.

The restaurant is small in size so a reservation is needed to secure a table. The atmosphere is rustic and casual. We found it very comfortable and inviting.

Be forewarned that the serving sizes are on the smaller side, more so with "salads" and appetizers; fortunately the entrees are more traditional portions. But the focus is clearly on quality, not quantity.

We offered a slightly lower rating for service. Nothing offensive, but a little slow, and items like salt and frequent refills of very small water glasses required specific requests. (The bread, once requested, was extremely fresh and delicious.)

Entree prices are all above $20, but the quality of the food is so good that we give it above average value. We will be back frequently and recommend others give it a try.

• Visited June 2012