“creative, inspired and super flavorful dishes from apps to deserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fifth Element

Fifth Element
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifth Element is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rhode Island
“creative, inspired and super flavorful dishes from apps to deserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and 4 friends ate at The Fifth Element this past weekend to celebrate a family occasion. We had appetizers that included very tender delicious and juicy lamb, chilled Calamari and wood grilled thin crispy crust pizza with fresh basil and mozzarella. All were prepared skillfully and cooked just right.The entrees were all seasoned perfectly from the trout and cod to crispy chicken thighs with a crunchy risotto cake and amazing orange gastrique/parsley sauce.The deserts are house made and scrumptious. We all shared bites and agreed this restaurant is putting out beautiful and delicious plates of food at very reasonable prices. The service is fast, efficient and polite. We had an overall excellent evening at The Fifth Element.We highly reccomment this restaurant in all categories-food,drinks service and atmosphere!.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank clocooking

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food & good music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The food and presentation was wonderful. Live house band played and were not too loud to have a dinner conversation. Really nice evening out.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Nice place for a quick snack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went here the other night with my girlfriend. We sat by the fully opened large windows and caught the end of day sunlight - was nice and warm. Girlfriend ordered some spinach balls that were fried and actually really very good. I had a beer and my girlfriend ordered some drink that came in a copper mug. She loved it. After the app, we had a salad and pizza. Overall very good and would certainly go again.

• Visited July 2014
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Fifth Element has become our Newport tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

My partner and I visit Newport, RI at least once a year and Fifth Element is one of our go-to spots. Both of us being Sci-Fi geeks and children of the 90's, we had to check FE after we saw the name.

The space boasts fun, eclectic decor with great music. We fell in love with the Margarita pizza. Seriously one of the best pizzas I've ever tasted! We also really enjoy the drinks. They are fresh, flavorful and not too sweet. I recommend their mojitos during the summer. I only wish that their food menu wasn't so limited. If you're not in the mood for apps, pizza or burgers you really don't have many options. Based on the high quality of their current menu I believe they could expand. When we're not in the mood for pizza or burgers we head across the street to Salvation cafe.

Otherwise, you'll love the pizza and the environment!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EmsKH
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“Going against the crowd sorry...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Clearly I am in the minority here but I have to be honest.... I was very disappointed with this place. I found the menu very limited with only a choice of 5-6 main courses. The atmosphere was more like a bunch of pretentious wanna be's and the service was flat out awful! Our waitress clearly did not want to be there and honestly I think that was the worst part... maybe I just got unlucky on this night, but I certainly would never go back to try it again. If all other things were "great" then maybe but overall just not impressed. In a town like Newport you have SO many other choices and I would say MUCH better than this!

• Visited May 2014