“Pleasant Dinner”
Review of Fifth Element

Fifth Element
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifth Element is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ate outside since we had our dog with us. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our food was excellent. Salmon cooked perfectly. Nice choice of appetizers. The menu is seasonal and not extensive. My lamb kabobs were tasty but a tad overlooked. I did not request medium rare.

There are newer reviews for Fifth Element

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was incredible. The pizza & Chinese crepe were both very tasty as well as they were nice sized portions. The service was great which made for a wonderful dinner. They had the doors open & it the weather was absolutely perfect.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had my first experience at The Fifth Element on August 14th with 3 friends and it was everything I had heard and more! We sat on the bar side at the soft seating in front and were so comfortable and relaxed as soon as we were greeted by our lovely server Freida.She was very knowledgeable about the wine selection and the menu as well. we started with the cheese plate and lamb kabobs. After enjoying those thoroughly we moved onto spinach meatballs (no meat!) and the spicy fish tacos. We threw in the Element salad as well. .After relaxing we ordered the Toffee cake which was enough for 4 to share. It was the perfect setting for us to enjoy each other's company, never felt rushed and were treated as special guests. Freida is an excellent server! Wish she worked at the restaurant I work at!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

When it took me 20 minutes to get a seat in a restaurant with hardly any customers the other day that should been my warning not to eat here. Sadly however i didnt turn back. For an apps we ordered the babaganoush which was ok, it would have been nice though if we got our drinks at some point, if all i wanted was ice water i wouldnt have ordered a beer.For an entree my fiance ordered the risotto and i had a bight this was ok.My friends ordered the scallops and the pizza and neither were happy with there order. I ordered the chicken sausage and about halfway through my meal i got a hair in my mouth. I know this can happend anywhere but i was completely disgusted. I told the waiter and you would think they would try and do something for us especialy after everything else but the only thing they offered me was an apology. I will never eat here again.

1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food was some of the greatest I have ever had! The bar was beautiful and the people were awesome. I enjoyed everything about my dining experience. This place is on its way to being the best place to go for a drink and eat in Newport.