“Fabulous!!”
Review of Fifth Element

Fifth Element
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifth Element is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Essex, Connecticut
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We dined at the Fifth Element during a girl's weekend in Newport, RI. It was very busy (glad we had reservations), our waiter Nicoli was great. The menu is limited but everything we had was great (especially the mussels, and the Sticky Toffee Pudding). We will definetely be back! DO NOT MISS the Sticky Toffee Pudding!!

• Visited March 2013

Newport, Rhode Island
“Bummer experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I usually enjoy our experiences here (as my earlier review attests), though the other night was terribly disappointing. Dining room was virtually empty on a rainy night - three tables, including ourselves and the other two tables were finishing up when we arrived. Hosted seated us and for all intents and purposes was our waitress the rest of the night. Beware the patron who visits a restaurant on a slow night. All too often staff aren't on their game. Where's management on these nights? On to the food. My wife ordered a pizza which was terrible. Sauce tasted like tomato paste and the amount was excessive. I ordered the steak which was rife with gristle. I’m not the type to leave behind a half-eaten piece of steak as I’ll enjoy the rest at home. This cut of meat was so bad I left two thirds of it behind. Several friends asked the next day how our dinner was. Management shouldn’t just be concerned about our experience but our sharing our rather disappointing experience with our local friends.

The Fifth needs some quality control. There are so many choices in Newport. A smart business cannot afford an off night.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank relevance
Danbury, Connecticut
“Loved this place”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

For me, the decor of a restaurant is a big factor. Fifth Element does a really great job. Very modern. Two thumbs way up. The food was also amazing and we had a very pleasant server. Very reasonably priced as well - with the area and the quality of this place I think they could get away with charging way more than they do. Although I've only been here once, I would put this near the top of my favorite restaurants of all time. Great experience.

• Visited August 2012
East Providence, Rhode Island
“Can't Say Enough....”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

About a month ago I hosted a couple's baby shower at the Fifth Element in Newport and it was a TREMENDOUS hit! As a long time newport resident, now living off the
"island", it was really nice to celebrate such a joyous occasion in such a great, homey place. It is a favorite spot of the parents-to-be and I can see why. The owners, Frank and Brad, created a menu of epic proportions, provided an elegantly trendy atmosphere, and unparalleled service.
While i haven't eaten there (at their new location) aside from the party I can tell you that the pizzas were amazing, burgers fantastic and their willingness to create special menu items was wonderful. The food I had enjoyed at their previous location was always great.
Frank and Brad were there from setup to the end of our party, very present and oversaw every detail - even helping with sadly deflated decorations :) We weren't rushed out at the end of our party, even though the dinner rush was to start soon after - this is a point I found unique to the Fifth Element compared to many other places I've been in the area.
I have no complaints, in fact, I can't wait to go back again! I hope you take the time to stop in and have a drink, have dinner, meet some new people and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great vibe!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Love everything about the Fifth Element except the limited menu. Really wish they had a slightly bigger selection. If you're a picky eater then you're limited to the burger or pizza. Please offer something more!!!!!

Visited February 2013