“Great Food, Great People.”
Review of Fifth Element

Fifth Element
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifth Element is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I will try to make this short, yet informative. Through a mix-up with another restaurant, I found myself with a party of 18 with no reservations on a Saturday night during Columbus Day Weekend. Everyone here was very helpful and accomodating. Everybody loved their food (the bolognese pizza was amazing) and the decor is very, very cool. I didn't throw them 5 stars (I wish I could make it 4 1/2) because of little things like not getting a call that they actually confirmed my reservations when they said they would, my meal of lamb was dry and hamburger-ry and no other servers helped our one (fantastic, but harried) waitress. Very small and ultimately insignificant criticisms. Thank you again Fifth Element, we will be back.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went with a group of about 14 on a Friday night when the boat show was in town. Had a lot of energy with a great indoor/outdoor feeling on a later summer evening. Great selection of food from gourmet pizza to trout to steak. Good service and everyone was happy with their meal selections.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had wanted to eat here for some time and finally had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago. Atmosphere is pretty cool. Bar was comfortable except the music was a bit too loud.
We had no reservation so told the hostess we would have a drink and wait to see if a table opened up. Dining room was half-empty and remained so for an hour, still the hostess said nothing was available so we chose to eat in the bar. Odd - the dining never did fill up, and we were a party of just two (?).
I will say that once ordered the food comes out FAST. Too fast. I know somewhere a restaurant owner is rolling his eyes about that...but there really needs to be an interval of at least few minutes between courses. It's expected.
Food was strangely bland. Esp. the "spinach balls" app. Margerita pizza was OK. Nothing bad, but nothing memorable either.
Beware - if you're going to eat in the bar it basically turns into a nightclub as the evening goes on - if you're out on a romantic date, this is NOT going to work out for you :)
All in all, I'm just not seeing what so many of these reviews are gushing about. Decent place that's too expensive (but hey this is Newport).

1  Thank Joe_Incognito
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here the other night after hearing all the great things about it. It was absolutely delicious!! It was a trendy modern set up, and the food had a unique, but not too unique, kind of twist to it. The staff was pleasant, informative and fit right in with the easy going fun setting the restaurant was going for.

All of the food was absolutely delicious, but for sure, make sure you try the toffee "bread pudding" when you go there. Melts in your mouth. Definitely making this a regular stop in Newport.

1  Thank loveandgrub
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I absolutely love this place! Been here a few times and have never had a bad experience. Food is amazing... BEST margarita pizza in the world! Waitstaff are all so friendly....Can't beat the relaxed and casual environment.