“Nice Place for a Night Cap!”
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Ranked #54 of 249 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Perry Mill
Description: The Grill at Forty 1° North is an exclusive dockside restaurant designed to deliver a fresh, upscale dining and entertainment experience while providing a unique and serene respite from Newport’s bustling waterfront scene. The menu features grilled meats, seafood and raw bar, as well as organic and locally sourced selections. There is an open-air dining area, with individual tables and bar seating surrounding the covered Pavilion. Inviting dockside lounge seating creates a perfect setting to relax with cocktails and conversation. Indoors the Dining Room, Oval Bar and Lounge offer sweeping views of the Harbor in a casual yet elegant setting to enjoy timeless cocktails and our full menu.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hubby and I wanted a place where we can have a drink and hear subdued music as opposed to loud rock and this hit the spot. It was as if I was sitting at at lounge in SOHO, NYC. The only reason I did'nt give 5 stars because they do not have moscato and a wing option for appetizer if you are just sitting by the bar. The vibe was great. We sat right next to the water and looked at the pretty lights beaming from some sexy yachts. I can not comment on dinner because we did not eat there, but it is pricey...
This is the classiest place on the pier I have been to thus far

Reviewed August 23, 2014

My wife and I went to spend the weekend with our friends at their home in Newport, R.I. We had a great time and on Friday, we all went to the Grill Forty 1 North for dinner. We were shown to our table and given menus. They took our drink orders and in a short time, we had our drinks. At this point the service stops. We had to go after a waiter some time later to place our dinner order.
When our dinners arrived, the salmon was over cooked and we pointed this out to our waiter. We, also, told him that we had no forks. He took the salmon back to the kitchen, never to return with forks for the table. Our food was cooling off while we waited. We told a second waiter that we do not have forks to eat with. We waited for a while (no forks).
I got out of my chair and went to retrieved forks from another table. We began to eat our cold food when the waiter returns with the new salmon. This time it was raw. Still no one return with forks.
The manager asked us how was our experience was going. Therefore, we told him of our dilemma.
He said he was sorry and that he would not charge our party for the salmon. He brought us a desert on the house. When the bill arrived the salmon was still on the bill, no manager to be found, no waiter every return to bring forks ----needs an adjustment

3  Thank PHILIP D
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The view of Newport and all the yachts, sailboats and various other boats from your water front tables. I had the fish sandwich and it was really light. My husband had the burger and loved it. The drinks were really great. Our server was exceptional. We went there for lunch and it was perfect. The down side was we had to pay $15 for parking. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We ate at Forth 1 North on our last night in Newport and it was absolutely delicious! We were seated at a table facing the sunset, which added onto our wonderful experience. The servers were all very attentive and the food was spectacular! The seafood off the menu is great and definitely ask the server for his suggestions. We went with mostly everything our server recommended and we're glad we did!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food arrived cold for some in our party, others got undercut fish. Service was slow and unable to correct any of the problems. On top of that, I don't believe that the food if served hot would have been much better. Completely overpriced. And unless you want a loud dance club atmosphere or don't care to speak with anyone in your party, you better be done by 9.