“once again”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Newport Gourmet Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Two-hour culinary walking tours featuring behind-the-scenes access to the best chefs and kitchens in the city. Tours are led by a professional chef, who will give you a unique perspective on the culinary industry and guide you through a half-dozen top restaurants and gourmet shops where you'll sample food and drink made just for you!
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“once again”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

HI< about a yr ago this same trouble happened when trying to book-finally I have done the fabulous providence tour not once but twice. I booked newport for last thursday, 10 days now, and it was cancelled just hours before the tour due to bad weather. Many phone calls and e-mails have gone unanswered. Michael please answer me.

Visited May 2013

Plymouth, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have never had the displeasure of working with such a poorly run company. Initially, I was quite excited about this tour when I bought a groupon more than a year ago (April 20, 2012 to be exact). I tried to book a place on the tour multiple times last summer and fall, and was unable, but I understood that the tours were booking fast. When Groupon informed me in March 2013 that the company decided to extend the expiration date, I followed the instructions and sent an email with the date and time I wanted to book (July 13 @ 2pm), as well as a contact phone number. I NEVER heard from the company and incorrectly presumed I was booked. Because I live over an hour away from Newport, I called and sent two emails earlier in the week asking if I was booked on the tour. Again, I had NO response from the company. I cancelled my plans because they have already wasted enough of my time.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank donna b
Wakefield, Rhode Island
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Won't return emails”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Do not buy a Groupon. This guy who does the tour is not responsible when you try to set up the tour date. He cancelled the first tour we had booked due to construction in Newport. The second date I was able to get had horrendous rain and now I have been trying for 3 weeks to get an answer for a third date and he is unresponsive. Today I called Groupon and received a refund. Too bad because I am a foodie and really wanted to go. Buyer beware is all I can say.

3 Thank sylviafly
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Confused and bemused.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm confused. I recently attended the Providence Riverwalk Tour and could not have had a better time. From beginning to end it was perfect. When I see the reviews on here it is striking that everyone who seems to be complaining is a person who bought a half-off "Groupon". I paid full price and after taking the tour would've paid double. Customer service? I--being typically absentminded--forgot quarters for the meter even though the owner advised us we would need them. When I informed him I needed quarters he ran to his car and brought us back 10 quarters. When I handed him cash, he refused it. "We've got it!" he said. The tour began at XO Cafe with halibut and wine and ended at the Dorrance--the most beautiful restaurant we've ever been in--with strawberries picked that day and a Whiskey Sour. Don't forget the sushi and the crepe making class. It was a perfect afternoon. I wonder where the real problem lies in these reviews. Is it a problem with this company or some folks who complain in general? I would find it hard to believe that these folks drop the ball. The only word I could use to describe it is "professional". I wholeheartedly recommend this tour!

1 Thank Olive B
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great day!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We took my brother and sister-in-law on the Providence Culinary Tour last week. It was so much fun! Our guide and business owner was fun and knowledgable and all the restaurants toured were great and very accommodating. We sampled a wonderful cucumber vodka and cilantro cocktail and yummy haddock with a special succotash at XOXO. From there we went on to 4 more restaurants while walking through a small section of Providence and learning about some of the history.
I gave my brother a Groupon for this tour last year. The Groupon expired before we could use it. The folks at Newport Gourmet Tours were more than happy to extend the Groupon and told us that they would always honor it.
All in all we were very pleased with this company.