“Providence river walk tour”
Review of Newport Gourmet Tours - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Newport Gourmet Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Two-hour culinary walking tours featuring behind-the-scenes access to the best chefs and kitchens in the city. Tours are led by a professional chef, who will give you a unique perspective on the culinary industry and guide you through a half-dozen top restaurants and gourmet shops where you'll sample food and drink made just for you!
Providence, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Providence river walk tour”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We just spent a delightful 2 hours touring 5 Providence restaurants with the Newport Gourmet tour. Led by Michael, the owner, we went into the kitchens, watched food prep and best of all sampled dishes and drank some great alcoholic beverages. The highlight was helping Bob the owner of Pot au Feu prepare crepes. We also went to Beer and Burger, Hemenways, 10 and The Dorrance I highly recommend this great tour.

Visited December 2011

Cranston
“Broadway is a hidden culinary delight.”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Joined my sisters for a culinary tour on Broadway in Newport. I went into establishments I would not have on my own and was extremely surprised. Also visited the oldest tarvern in the US and a delightful mexican restaurant on Charles St. The greatest compliment, I have already returned to have dinner at one of the restaurants on the tour. Thank you Mike.....

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“All New in Newport”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My daughter and I had a great afternoon exploring Newport with Michael and the other members of our tour group. I have been visiting Newport for the past twenty years, but had never been to any of the many stops on the Newport Gourmet Tour. Now I have lots of new places to share with my friends when we travel to Newport. Great food at each stop and nice variety.

West Greenwich, Rhode Island
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not to be missed - unique, fun, and delicious taste of Newport!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I went to Newport for a 2-night getaway and did the Broadway tour on a Thursday afternoon. It exceeded our expectations and we are recommending it to all of our friends and family in the area (we live in RI). The tour guide, Mike, is FABULOUS - gives lots of interesting tidbits about Newport history, is passionate about food, and is funny too. The Broadway tour had an eclectic mix of sites - upscale restaurants, local bars and ice cream shops, a bakery, etc. We loved it - each place was a new discovery with a unique twist. The evening of our tour, we returned to one of the restaurants for dinner (The Fifth Element - the best burger we have ever eaten!) and to the 80s-themed ice cream shop (DoNick's) for a super yummy treat. This tour definitely added fun to our getaway and helped us to find some great places in Newport that were off the beaten path and we would never have found on our own. Hoping to go back soon and do the gourmet tour of Bellevue Ave! TWO THUMBS WAY UP!!!

Cranston
“Great way to see the behind the scene part of Newport!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I totally enjoyed a great afternoon being introduced to the history and flavors of some of Newport's best kept secrets. Michael took us to some great spots off the beaten track which I wouldn't have otherwise known about! We sampled some great treats in some restaurants that I will definitely return to and visited a great shop for kitchenware. I enjoyed this with my three sisters. We all enjoyed and plan to return to go on the Bellevue tour. I would highly recommend this tour to those that are from RI or those that are visiting!